Phone Number Verification

9 years 2 months ago #259365 by pranaydhruv
Phone Number Verification was created by pranaydhruv
Hello Team,

i have been wondering since sometime on what is the best way to get the phone number verified of a new member. Please let me know if you can suggest of a way by which this can be acccomplished. I know there are certain SMS gateways. But any in particular that works and integrates with CB ?

Thanks
Pranay

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 2 months ago #259403 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Phone Number Verification
We've no phone number verification implemented. You'd need to develop something to utilize an SMS service to send them a text, but that'd only work for cell phones. For land lines I've no idea other that manually calling them. There are no plans at this time to develop and implement something like this, sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 2 months ago #260192 by pranaydhruv
Replied by pranaydhruv on topic Phone Number Verification
Hello Kyle,

Thanks for your response,in the meantime since this post, i have been eperimenting with the Plugin from CS-networks, now this plugin is for Joomla and when i use it it invokes joomla user fields/Registration. Is there some way i can edit my CB to invoke the same behaviour. Please check this link and kindly let me know your feedback/suggestion.

www.cs-networks.net/documents/twostepauth.pdf

Thanks
Pranay

9 years 2 months ago #260209 by krileon
Looks like it's just an HTTP request. Yes, that's doable. Ideally you'd extend existing field validation with that so any field can have a phone number validation rule. CB Query Field extends field validation with query validation so that's probably a good place to start.

I think the issue would be from the delay of the code being verified. Field validation would want it validated basically instantly and there's no feature to pause registration. It could be better to allow them to register, but mark them as not approved until the phone number is verified.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 2 months ago #260230 by pranaydhruv
Replied by pranaydhruv on topic Phone Number Verification
Hello Kyle,

How do i send the HTTP request from the system? do i base the request to be sent by checking with the query field if Phone number field has been populated by the user?

I am a little lost what and how to accomplish it , your helping hand is much appreciated.
Thanks
Pranay

9 years 2 months ago #260238 by krileon
You'd use cURL or CBs built in Guzzle library for the HTTP request. You'll need to review CB Query Field to see how it's adding new validation. Specifically its CBfield_queryvalidate class and its XML tag fieldsparams. The validation works on any fieldtype so basically you'd create a text field and turn on your new validation parameter so it'll send the fields value through the HTTP request to validate it as a phone number, but again I'm not sure if this will work as it sends an SMS with a code the user needs to input to further validate it so some other solution will likely be needed. Whether that reloads the registration page by erroring it and telling them to input the code is up to you.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn