Skip to Content Skip to Menu

File upload fails for PDF

• Freshpage
  • Freshpage
9 years 2 months ago #260069 by Freshpage
File upload fails for PDF was created by Freshpage
I get the following problem on the registration form when trying to upload PDFs. .txt files don't give the same problem. I haven't tested any others.

The following is in the "Allowed file types" in the backend: zip,rar,doc,pdf,txt,xls

Joomla 3.3.2
CB 2.0.7
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
9 years 2 months ago #260087 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic File upload fails for PDF
Seams to be working ok in my tests. What browser are you using?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• Freshpage
  • Freshpage
9 years 2 months ago #260104 by Freshpage
Replied by Freshpage on topic File upload fails for PDF
I getting it with Firefox 36.0. I just tested with Chrome and IE 11, and both of those worked fine. I tried disabling all Firefox extensions but I'm still seeing the problem.

• krileon
  • krileon
9 years 2 months ago #260115 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic File upload fails for PDF
Seams to be working ok for me in FF 36, IE, and Chrome. I'm unsure why it's not working for you. The only reason for it to fail is if the JS files object has the wrong data as missing data is completely ignored for the validation. Please install the latest CB 2.0.7 nightly build found below and see if issue persists.

www.joomlapolis.com/downloads/doc_details/640-community-builder-nightly-build

If you've Joomla caching enabled please try purging it and see if that clears up the issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon