How to display an article on the article list on CB profile

9 years 1 month ago #260797 by eharbourmarketing
Hi,
Through CB article plug in, the article list can be displayed, which the user created.
I wonder how to display the article on front-end when I select one of articles on the list.
After the user create an article, how can they check the previous article contents?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 1 month ago #260823 by krileon
The tab doesn't display the articles, but displays a list of articles. It will only display the articles that the user is the creator of. When you click the article title it'll take you to the articles display.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 1 month ago #260848 by eharbourmarketing
Replied by eharbourmarketing on topic How to display an article on the article list on CB profile
Thanks Kyle,
When I click the article title, it will bring me to the home page.
I like to let the user modify the articles on the front-end.
Please advise me whether it is possible.

9 years 1 month ago #260877 by krileon

When I click the article title, it will bring me to the home page.

Create a Joomla menu item to the category of the article. My guess is it's using the Itemid of the home page as the article is being displayed there. CB doesn't generate the article URLs, it calls Joomlas own content component API to generate them.

I like to let the user modify the articles on the front-end.

That's not what CB Articles does. It's strictly to display on profile in a tab a list of articles the user is the creator of. To create new articles you need to use the Submit Article page provided by Joomla or use CB Blogs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 1 month ago #260940 by eharbourmarketing
Replied by eharbourmarketing on topic How to display an article on the article list on CB profile
Members cannot create a joomla menu from front-end. If every members need to create a menu every time when they create an article, it doesn't make sense.
In that case, members cannot see what they wrote on it after they create an article.
I cannot create menus on the back-end every time when members create an article.

I want to let my members create an article from front-end and check the article list on their profile screen using CB Article. Then when they click the article on the list, I want to make them be able to review their article and modify before publishing.
After they submit the article, I will review it and approve before showing to the public.
I don't want to use blogs for this function.

Any solution for this??
Thanks for your help.

9 years 1 month ago #260948 by krileon

Members cannot create a joomla menu from front-end. If every members need to create a menu every time when they create an article, it doesn't make sense.
In that case, members cannot see what they wrote on it after they create an article.
I cannot create menus on the back-end every time when members create an article.

They don't need to. A hidden menu item to the category would work fine. This is out of our hands so I don't know what to tell you. That's how Joomla is designed. Joomla links need an Itemid when using SEF. Joomla will add the Itemid for the closest matched content menu item to the URL when ran through the content router API. So by creating a category menu item it'll use that menu item for its Itemid for example.

I want to let my members create an article from front-end and check the article list on their profile screen using CB Article. Then when they click the article on the list, I want to make them be able to review their article and modify before publishing.
After they submit the article, I will review it and approve before showing to the public.
I don't want to use blogs for this function.

That's exactly what CB Blogs can provide. CB Articles is display only. It does not and will not have creation functionality. If you want them to be able to create articles without using CB Blogs you need to use the Joomla Submit Article page by creating a menu item for it. Your alternative is to look into K2 or some other content extension and use its article submit functionality.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.265 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn