CB Connect - Facebook and Steam Errors

9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #261064 by Andromeda57
CB Connect - Facebook and Steam Errors was created by Andromeda57
Hi guys,

we have a little problem with the Facebook linking of cb connect.

If a user links the facebook profile, everything is fine. But if the user clicks on the facebook link in his profile, the link will be like www.facebook.com/profile.php?id="userid"

What is the - profile.php?id= - for ? If we delete this in the address it works...

And if we want to link steam, then we get the error "No OpenID Server found at steamcommunity.com/openid"

Any ideas why steam does not work at all and facebook profile link does not work, too ?

Greets
Tobias

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 1 month ago #261145 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Connect - Facebook and Steam Errors

If a user links the facebook profile, everything is fine. But if the user clicks on the facebook link in his profile, the link will be like www.facebook.com/profile.php?id="userid"

Works fine in my tests. That's the URL format to link to a users Facebook profile by their Facebook ID. Below is the exact structure.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=FACEBOOK_ID

It's possible some sort of Facebook profile privacy. As far as I'm aware this usage has not changed.

And if we want to link steam, then we get the error "No OpenID Server found at steamcommunity.com/openid"

Also could not confirm. Clicking the sign in button sends me to Steam, which asks me to login to Steam and accept the connection, once done it sends me back to my site where I'm asked to provide an email address, I do and click Sign Up, which then finishes registration and logs me in.

Please ensure you're using latest release CB Connect 6.0.4.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn