RE: GroupJive Update and Question

9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #262347 by Fuquan
RE: GroupJive Update and Question was created by Fuquan
Dear Kyle,

I know there is a lot on your agenda and that GroupJive is last on the list, but as GroupJive is actually in my opinion one of the main attractions for CB and many await its compatibility would yu by any chance have a rough idea when we should expect to see an upgrade on GroupJive?

Secondly, is there a proper documentation/video detailing the configuration of GroupJive anywhere as besides the info on the "GroupJive" joomlapolis pages I am not able to track anything else. For instance is there a way to move the tab positions in groupjive like you can do in CB using field management? As my "About" groupjive tab is located in a position by default somewhere in the centre and I should like to have it as the very first tab.

Anyway, I certainly look forward to GroupJive because the more I play with it the more I see functionality that is truly suitable for a community. Oh! lest I forget the Forum in groupJive do I need to have Kunena installed to have it working as I do not see the forum at all!

Thanks
Fuquan

P/S the last part above is now taken care of as the forum is now working with Kunena as had to reinstall the GorupJive plugins twice then the forum somehow showed up.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 1 month ago #262349 by Andromeda57
Replied by Andromeda57 on topic RE: GroupJive Update and Question
It is a very important plugin for us, too. The reason we got a new paid account nearly one year ago. But one year after we're still waiting for it :(

In february we got the information that they try to release it in march. But now in april we're still waiting :(

9 years 1 month ago #262390 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic RE: GroupJive Update and Question

I know there is a lot on your agenda and that GroupJive is last on the list, but as GroupJive is actually in my opinion one of the main attractions for CB and many await its compatibility would yu by any chance have a rough idea when we should expect to see an upgrade on GroupJive?

When I'm done rewriting CB Activity I will be upgrading GJ. Once GJ is upgraded Nick plans to provide documentation/videos for the upgraded GJ as there's no sense in Nick doing all of that if I change a bunch of stuff in the upgrade.

CB Activity is getting posting capability, full smiley support, actions (how are you feeling, where are you going, etc..), url parsing (links become clickable), user profile parsing (e.g. @USERNAME links to a users profile), hashtag support (e.g. #hashtag is clickable to filter the activity stream), and complete commenting capabilities. All packaged in reusable APIs. Most of this is already done and am working on implementing commenting.

Secondly, is there a proper documentation/video detailing the configuration of GroupJive anywhere as besides the info on the "GroupJive" joomlapolis pages I am not able to track anything else. For instance is there a way to move the tab positions in groupjive like you can do in CB using field management? As my "About" groupjive tab is located in a position by default somewhere in the centre and I should like to have it as the very first tab.

You can move the non-internal tabs around by changing their plugin ordering within CB > Plugin Management. Tabs like Invites, Users, and Groups can't be moved though.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fuquan

9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #262455 by Andromeda57
Replied by Andromeda57 on topic RE: GroupJive Update and Question
Wow ...

This new activity module seems to be very great... We're really exited. It's a great idea to integrate Hashtag functions ! B)

Hoping to get it soon :woohoo:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn