Skip to Content Skip to Menu

You are not authorised to view this resource.

• gwivoip
  • gwivoip
9 years 1 month ago #262752 by gwivoip
Has anyone heard if there is a ACL problem with Joomla 3.4.1. I am getting an error: You are not authorized to view this resource. I have checked many times now and there is nothing on the page that should be causing this error. The page contains CB login and the error occurs after the user logs in. CB workflow is also on the page and the test user access is Special. Everything displays that should display and there are no extensions with higher access level. This also occurs when a Registered user logs in minus CB Workflow.

Any ideas ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
9 years 1 month ago #262754 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic You are not authorised to view this resource.
That's a Joomla access error. It's typically due to missing a public and published Joomla menu item to CBs profile page. We create such a menu item when CB is installed though so unless you've modified the URLs access it should be working fine. Disable SEF and check the Itemid of the URL you're getting that message on. Next match it to its Joomla menu item and adjust the permissions as needed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• gwivoip
  • gwivoip
9 years 1 month ago #262764 by gwivoip
Replied by gwivoip on topic You are not authorised to view this resource.
Kyle, that you for your reply, however I had already checked the items you outlined before I made the post. I a running CB 2.0.7 had I wasn't having problems until I upgraded Joomla from 3.4.0 to 3.4.1. That was why a asked the question if anyone was aware of any issues with 3.4.1. I have checked the Joomla site and haven't found any issues of this nature. In running Firefox with Firebug I see the error being triggered, but its not giving me any info on what causes the trigger.

• krileon
  • krileon
9 years 1 month ago #262789 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic You are not authorised to view this resource.
I'm not aware of any 3.4.1 issues regarding this. Everything seams fine in my tests. As the error is directly coming from Joomla it's happening before CB even loads so it has to be something Joomla related in that regard. Maybe permissions were changed or view access levels were altered in some way?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gwivoip

Moderators: beatnantkrileon