User lists

8 years 9 months ago #266789 by Kolibri
User lists was created by Kolibri
Hi,
I have 4 different lists.
I would like to publish just three of them to be shown in the dropdown box of the standard list.
The fourth list shall be published as a single list by menu and shall not appear together with the others in the dropdown box of the standard list.
Is there a way to configure this?
Cheers!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 9 months ago #266797 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic User lists
There's no feature to hide a specific list from the dropdown.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 9 months ago #266809 by beat
Replied by beat on topic User lists
Interesting suggestion, wrote it down as FR here forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5371

In the mean time, if the goal is to hide it from unauthorized users, you could use Joomla Access Levels for this.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

8 years 9 months ago #266830 by Kolibri
Replied by Kolibri on topic User lists
The fourth list in my example has the title "Imprint". It shows a list of a changing number of a few users who are resposible for the site in legal matters by german law. By that the content of "Imprint" is dynamic if the number of people changes. The users can control by themselves, wether they appear in the Imprint or not.
The goal is to show this list as a single list under a menu topic with the same name like the list name "Imprint". The list should not be shown in the dropbox because it has a seperate - legal - importance.

A connected topic ist the relation between list title, menu and breadcrumbs.
In my example the menu title ist Imprint. The title of the list is Imprint too. The title of the list appears in the list itself on top.
The breadcrumbs look like this: Home > Imprint > Imprint
This looks unprofessional.
Better: Home > Imprint
In articles is a switch to suppress the titel of the article.It is possible to suppress the title of the menu too.
I could not find an option to do the same in my sample, but to leave the list title blank.
To leave the list title blank is not a very good solution. The follow up is a blank in the front end list dropbox, a blank in backend CB list table and so on.

I would like to have switches in each list options, which can supress the list in the dropdown box and another switch just to suppress the list title in breadcrumbs.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds