[SOLVED] Questions about Groupjive

8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #266982 by Vajaro
[SOLVED] Questions about Groupjive was created by Vajaro
Hi,

I have 2 questions about Groupjive

1) If a public viewer clicks on a Groupjive link in the CB Activity stream he is redirected to the default Joomla login form. However this form is not published. How can I make sure that he is redirected to the login form of CB?

2) I would like to show groups and categories to the public but I do not want them to see items like foto's and video's and messages on the "wall". Basically I only want to show a group/category and if they click on one of them they are also redirected to the login form of CB. How can I accomplish that?

Joomla 3.4.3, CB 2.0.9 and Groupjive 2.7.0

Thanks!
Vajaro

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 9 months ago #266995 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Questions about Groupjive

1) If a public viewer clicks on a Groupjive link in the CB Activity stream he is redirected to the default Joomla login form. However this form is not published. How can I make sure that he is redirected to the login form of CB?

CB does not redirect to Joomla login. It will always send to CB login or registration as needed. If it's trying to send to Joomla login then something installed is interrupting CB and trying to send them there. This is typically a Joomla menu item access permission error. You can prevent access to Joomla user component by ensuring our system plugin within Extensions > Plugin Manager is public and published and that Redirect and Rewrite or URLs is enabled within its parameters.

2) I would like to show groups and categories to the public but I do not want them to see items like foto's and video's and messages on the "wall". Basically I only want to show a group/category and if they click on one of them they are also redirected to the login form of CB. How can I accomplish that?

Set the groups to all be publicly accessible, but set the individual integration tabs as Group Users only. You can set the defaults for those parameters within GJ > Configuration. For existing groups you'll need to edit them to make the change. It won't redirect them though if the group is public and instead will just show them the group and display whatever information is public.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 9 months ago #267017 by Vajaro
Replied by Vajaro on topic Questions about Groupjive
Thanks!

Issues are solved!

Regards,
Vajaro

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn