Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] CB 2.0.10 - not all 'built in' CB fields are translated properly into German language

8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #268659 by erichburkhard
I am using CB 2.0.10 and the newest Joomla Version 3.4. My website is set up in the languages English and German. In CB 2.0.10 there are two new 'built in' CB-fields (links):

--> 'Disable my account'
--> 'Delete my account'

Both fields have an additional info(button: "i") to inform the user about the purpose of the corresponding field....if the user clicks on these info(buttons)the translation process works correctly if the website is in 'English' mode ....but in 'German' mode the translation does not work correctly(there appears still the English content if you click onto the info(button)...

Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 9 months ago #268661 by krileon
They're field descriptions that are a part of CB Privacy. Did you add CB Privacy language files to your German language plugin and translate the description there? Translating directly in the German language plugins language.php should also work. Edit the fields in CB > Field Management then click view source and translate that exact string; watch out for the edit adding <p elements around it though as that'll break the translation.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• nant
  • nant
8 years 9 months ago #268674 by nant

erichburkhard wrote: I am using CB 2.0.10 and the newest Joomla Version 3.4. My website is set up in the languages English and German. In CB 2.0.10 there are two new 'built in' CB-fields (links):

--> 'Disable my account'
--> 'Delete my account'

Both fields have an additional info(button: "i") to inform the user about the purpose of the corresponding field....if the user clicks on these info(buttons)the translation process works correctly if the website is in 'English' mode ....but in 'German' mode the translation does not work correctly(there appears still the English content if you click onto the info(button)...

Make sure that you have installed the latest CB German plugin from our download area.

8 years 9 months ago #268862 by erichburkhard
I think I have installed the latest german & english plugins...and I think the translation string (German & English as well) are physically available in the corresponding language files....

file: /components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/en-gb/cbplugin/cbprivacy-language.php:

'THIS_WILL_DISABLE_YOUR_ACCOUNT_AND_HIDE_ALL_PROFIL_cc8b0d' => 'This will disable your account and hide all profile information associated with it.',

'THIS_WILL_DELETE_YOUR_ACCOUNT_AND_ALL_PROFILE_INFO_87c9ca' => 'This will delete your account and all profile information associated with it.',

...this is the english translation which appears correctly if the website is in 'english' mode

file : /components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/de-de/cbplugin/cbprivacy-language.php:

'THIS_WILL_DISABLE_YOUR_ACCOUNT_AND_HIDE_ALL_PROFIL_cc8b0d' => 'Dies deaktiviert das Konto und versteckt alle damit verbundenen Profilinformationen',

'THIS_WILL_DELETE_YOUR_ACCOUNT_AND_ALL_PROFILE_INFO_87c9ca' => 'Dies löscht das Konto und alle damit verbundenen Profilinformationen',

...Although the german translation for the same string seems to be in place the translation is not visible in the frontend if the website is in 'german' mode and I put the mouse over the 'i'... there appears the default language (which is english)

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 9 months ago #268889 by krileon
Did you edit those fields in CB > Field Management? It's possible their description was padded by a <p element by the WYSIWYG editor, which will cause translation to stop working. Edit the fields in CB > Field Management then view the source display of the description to ensure no elements are surrounding it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 9 months ago #269120 by erichburkhard
OK - this hint was successfull - but I first had to disable any use of editor (in the global configuration section) ...then go back and remove the <p> elements - Thanks

Moderators: beatnantkrileon