Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] How to remove Backend CB/GJ menu-items where Administrator has no access?

• NicoFaaij
  • NicoFaaij
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #268728 by NicoFaaij
Hi,

Some parts, like plugin are closed by ACL for administrators. However the Administrators still see the menu items in the Joomla backend administrators components-CB menu. Okay, when they click on it they get the message that they don't have enough privileges to execute that action. But it would be much less confusing for them if the menu items they are not allowed to execute are also not shown (like I am used to at many other Joomla extensions). Do you know how to make that happens on CB?

Many thanks in advance,
Nico
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 9 months ago #268731 by krileon
Those are Joomla menu items for a component. I'm not aware of a way to add permissions to them and am finding nothing in the documentation regarding adding positions to them. So I don't think it's doable at this time. If they use the menu provided by our admin module then it won't be a problem as it checks permissions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• NicoFaaij
  • NicoFaaij
8 years 9 months ago #268735 by NicoFaaij
Somewhere they have to be defined by the CB software. Do you know where, than I can just remove them and create a work around for myself as Super User.

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #268740 by krileon
There is no workaround unless you removed them and strictly used CBs admin module for CB navigation. Joomla doesn't have permissions functionality for the component menu items that I am aware of or that I can find. They're created on install and are a part of the component install process so removing them in the XML file won't do anything. You'd have to directly remove them from _menu database table.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by krileon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NicoFaaij

• NicoFaaij
  • NicoFaaij
8 years 9 months ago #268741 by NicoFaaij
Hi Kyle,

Thank you! So the _menu database table was the one I am looking for ;-)

Have a nice day,
Nico

Moderators: beatnantkrileon