Display problem with coolness template for user profiles

8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #268846 by IAAF
can't figure out why this is happening - the black box appears to be where menu options are suppose to be. The first picture is what I think I should be seeing and the 2nd pic is what I am currently experiencing.

any suggestions on what to fix?

I have updated to current versions of coolness template and community builder

Database Version 5.6.23
PHP Version 5.4.42
Web Server Apache
WebServer to PHP Interface cgi-fcgi
Joomla! Version Joomla! 3.1.5 Stable
Joomla! Platform Version Joomla Platform 12.2.0 Stable
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 9 months ago #268888 by krileon
Are you trying to use the old coolness profile template? None of the profile templates are compatible with CB 2.x and believe latest template releases don't include them anymore. Please ensure Default is selected within CB > Configuration > User Profile as the profile template. It also looks like you need to run the canvas layout tool in CB > Tools as your profile is the old CB 1.x profile except with the canvas field present. If you don't want to use the canvas layout then unpublish the canvas tab.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #268903 by IAAF
I reset as suggested, but there is no change. Still see huge dark gray box where links are suppose to be. So, Coolness is not compatible with new versions of CB correct and so I must install a new template.
I have a few more issues as well but will place in a new ticket to keep issues separate.

Which of your templates are compatible with latest versions of CB and CBSubs?

I greatly appreciate all of your help - you are all the best and have been using your software for years now.
Attachments:

8 years 9 months ago #268919 by krileon
Change "Template Output" to "Divs". Table layout is barely functional with new canvas usage (tried forcing it with CSS) so it's easy for it to conflict with other table styles. Table layout will be removed in a later CB release. This is automatically fixed by running the Canvas Layout tool in CB > Tools, which will reconfigure your profile for canvas usage.

Which of your templates are compatible with latest versions of CB and CBSubs?

They all are except for their old CB templates.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 9 months ago #268936 by IAAF
thank you so MUCH! Did as advised and am now getting a new (and much nicer!) display of the Profile page. Is this the way it is suppose to look?

I might want to change the color of the dark gray box if this is now how it is suppose to look. I really like the new layout. Thanks!

Still have some work to do now since my logo image on top left side is no long showing completely but much better. I'll try to find the width and see if I can change it - it used to be set at a specific width but could easily have been changed due to switch from tables to CSS.

Thanks again Kyle! Appreciate ALL your support!
Attachments:

8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #268942 by krileon

Is this the way it is suppose to look?

Yes.

I might want to change the color of the dark gray box if this is now how it is suppose to look. I really like the new layout. Thanks!

That's just the default canvas image. You can replace it with whatever you want by editing the Canvas field in CB > Field Management then under Parameters > Image Display change the Pending and Empty defaults to whatever you like (you'll need to supply new default images to select though).

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.288 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn