installation of new version of CB Subscriptions did not install on top of old version ....

8 years 9 months ago #268905 by IAAF
isn't it suppose to? Now I show two 'CB-Subscriptions' installs and am using the one with the highest numbered ID.

The problem I am now having is that I can't update and save the CB-Subscriptions Settings. I get a 'forbidden error' you don't have permission to access ....
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 9 months ago #268921 by krileon
I don't see how that's even possible. You would've had to of edited the CBSubs plugin row in _comprofiler_plugins and altered its element so it couldn't match on install. You have 2 "CB Paid Subscription" plugins in CB > Plugin Management and in the _comprofiler_plugins table?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 9 months ago #268937 by IAAF
I don't recall ever making a change as you mentioned - I just installed thinking it would install over the old version.

So is the profile gallery and some of the other options we used to have on our profile - are they not working yet for this version either?

Below is the pic for the CB>Plugin Management - I don't even know where or what the _comprofiler-Plugins table is - where is this found? and I'll take a look at it. Also not sure why the 'TYPE' is different - the new says 'user' and the old says 'language' and it has the -en-GB after the name. Maybe because the names don't match exactly?
Attachments:

8 years 9 months ago #268941 by krileon
You don't have duplicate CBSubs. One is just the old language plugin.

So is the profile gallery and some of the other options we used to have on our profile - are they not working yet for this version either?

CB ProfileGallery is replaced by CB Gallery. Please see the below compatibility chart and get your install up to date before attempting to do anything as you could hit unknown compatibility bugs.

www.joomlapolis.com/cb-20-addon-status

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 9 months ago #268958 by IAAF
I've been working on that all day ... I will have to look to replace the old stuff with the new versions - just realized the new options under the new profile page - nice - I like it!

Hopefully, once I get all pieces updated, I'll then be able to get CB Subscriptions to work.

Thanks for you help! I'm getting there slowly but surely - thanks!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn