[#5457] Check Link to include in CB-activitystream

8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #269162 by avateamcom
Hello,

a user wanted to share this following link by activity-stream as a link. CB-Activity unfortunately only shows the post-text without the link. other links are working fine.

www.medical-tribune.de/fuer-patienten/artikeldetail/demente-leben-lassen-statt-verwahren.html

can you please check if cb activity has a Problem with parsing the content of this site and how this problem maybe can be solved that the users can share all kind of links without problems?

thanks a lot for your help in advance!

Best regards,
Stefan

PS: Another example:
www.social-startups.de/gruenden-live-die-foerderung-beginnt-mit-der-idee/

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #269165 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Check Link to include in CB-activitystream
Looks like there's a UTF8 encoding error causing json_encode to fail. The below will fix this and have implemented for next release.

IN: components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbactivity/library/Parser.php
ON: Line 332
$attachment[$item][]					=	utf8_decode( $node->nodeValue );
TO:
$attachment[$item][]					=	utf8_decode( utf8_encode( $node->nodeValue ) );

Note the above is just a quickfix. The official fix will detect the encoding of the page and convert it accordingly with the above being a fallback if mb_detect_encoding isn't available.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5457

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 7 months ago #269166 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Check Link to include in CB-activitystream
There's also a metadata parsing issue as those sites are using <meta property= instead of <meta name=. I'm adding to the XML parsing for attachments to look for property now as well to solve this for next release (and next nightly of course).

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 7 months ago #269335 by avateamcom
Hello Kyle,

thank you very much for your reply and your help. I'll use your code-line to fix it temporarily. :)

Best regards,
Stefan

8 years 7 months ago #269359 by krileon
Should be fixed now in latest CB Activity nightly. It'll try to detect the encoding if the functions are available otherwise it does the above.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn