place 2 Cb fields inline instead of horizontal

8 years 7 months ago #270762 by krileon
Ajax edit of substitution fields in Custom HTML fields will only work with [cb:userfield field="FIELD_NAME" formatting="div" /] or [cb:userfield field="FIELD_NAME" formatting="span" /] substitution usages. I've tested and confirmed this as working fine, but it limits how it can be displayed as it'll output the full DIV display of a field. The formatting in the HTML substitution is important as it needs a container element for the ajax to function properly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 7 months ago #270778 by pranaydhruv
Replied by pranaydhruv on topic place 2 Cb fields inline instead of horizontal
Hello Kyle,

This is what i am trying , not sure what i am doing wrong:-

[cb:userfield field="cb_Timeofbirth" formatting="div" /][cb:userfield field="cb_Minutes" formatting="div" /]

Thanks
Pranay

8 years 7 months ago #270784 by krileon
You need to set the two fields your substituting in to be ajax editable and not the Custom HTML field. Also ensure the field name you've supplied is as shown in CB > Field Management. I don't know what more to advise as it works perfectly fine in all my tests. You may have a conflict issue as per your other topic regarding CB Conditional.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn