[SOLVED] GroupJive: Can I create a 2nd Group list with different template?

8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #270884 by NicoFaaij
Hi,

I like the default GroupJive Group list for general purpose. However beside that I also want a same group list selection in a different layout. A bit more like the new User lists Grid Layout.

GroupJive has different templates and I can use one of them and change the code to create a (Grid/own) layout like I want.

My question is how can I connect the 2nd template to another menu item.

So the default menu item is an external URL link to:
index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&plugin=cbgroupjive&action=categories&func=show&cat=3

Can I add something like &template=default_green at the end of that URL so that it will use that template instead of the default template chosen in the GroupJive config settings?

Many thanks in advance,
Nico

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 7 months ago #270903 by krileon
You can't, it has no feature to toggle templates. There's no plans for this functionality at this time.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NicoFaaij

8 years 7 months ago #270909 by NicoFaaij
Figure it out already. A little core code hacking on the "category_groups.php" file, where I first search for a URL &template parameter will do the trick. After that I can make an if statement, for the rest of the code in that file.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn