[#5539] CBsubs subscription price depending on a field

8 years 6 months ago #271163 by krileon

Should I put the N2 value between brackets ? quotes do not seem to work neither

No, your condition looks correct. It however will only show the price change if already logged in or on the basket page where the promotion would be applied.

What I meant for conditions was that at registration, plan prices do not seem to be modified by selecting a value in a select field.
Does this mean that conditions are not dynamic at registration but only dependent upon a saved field ?

The plan prices are not dynamically updated on profile from a promotion. The price change would happen at the basket. For users already logged in they should see the price change immediately.

It maybe easier to just have a plan per N1-4 and condition those plans to show based off that fields value. This is jQuery powered on registration so the plans displayed can change dynamically.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 6 months ago #271166 by activha

For users already logged in they should see the price change immediately.

Do you mean it's dynamic only for logged in users ?
if yes how come it cannot be so for not logged in ones ?

It maybe easier to just have a plan per N1-4 and condition those plans to show based off that fields value. This is jQuery powered on registration so the plans displayed can change dynamically.

In fact we have 5 plans with annual and monthly payments, which would make 10 different plans to maintain.
This is why the option to only change one annual and one monthly was much better.
The thing is that we have a lot of integrations and interactions in the plan and multiplying them multiplies the potential errors.
Would it be possible to implement a price change at registration depending upon a drop down fied ?
Do you have other suggestions ?

8 years 6 months ago #271167 by krileon

Do you mean it's dynamic only for logged in users ?
if yes how come it cannot be so for not logged in ones ?

It doesn't ajax change the price. It takes a page load to recalculate the totals, which is why the subscriptions tab for logged in users and the basket page will be correct.

Would it be possible to implement a price change at registration depending upon a drop down fied ?

You will not be able to see the price change at registration. Once they reach the basket page then the final price will be seen as the conditions for the promotions will take affect.

Do you have other suggestions ?

Nope, this is currently the only way to do multiple prices per plan.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 6 months ago #271174 by activha

You will not be able to see the price change at registration. Once they reach the basket page then the final price will be seen as the conditions for the promotions will take affect.

This may be a solution :
Can we get the basket page before all the information tab ? so that the customer will check the price before registering
Can we have a dynamic text in the plan depending upon the drop down field ? so that it's not a price change but only a text change explaining

8 years 6 months ago #271184 by activha
Could I add an auto action code with jquery checking the dropdown field chosen on registration and showing the correct price on the CBsubs tab ?
If yes what would be the trigger to use ?

8 years 6 months ago #271213 by activha
I am following on this.
As we absolutely want to avoid to maintain 10 plans, auto action and jquery seem the best solution to show a text plan price while masking it to guests, and then leave the system compute the right price for the basket.

However, we tried to use afterdrawplan but the action writes the jquery code only to the first plan.
Can you suggest another trigger ? we want to write the jquery code to three plans to display three different prices

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn