[SOLVED] CBSubs Setting up pricing options - Need help!

8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #271254 by AdvisorProducts
If I have a subscription plan called "Videos" and want to offer 3 payment options (Monthly, quarterly, and yearly) and want each payment exclusive to one another,how can I do this properly? Does each payment option need set up as a separate child plan (set to exclusive to same parent)? If so, how do I make a parent plan they can all be children of since 1)the parent can't be top level or it would exclude other plans I create that will use "Top" as the parent and 2)I can't create a parent plan without choosing a price and duration? When choosing a child, the parent is automatically selected and Both are listed for billing purposes. I would need to just choose 1 child plan (monthly Videos for example) and charge for that amount. Having a parent plan that shows as another charge won't work. So how is the "Top" parent plan field option made where it doesn't show any additional price or duration information? If I could create similar parent options like "Top" is, I would be fine but can't find how to do that. Any parents I create force price and duration and that is my problem.

Or is there a completely different and better way to set up a plan with 3 pricing options?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 7 months ago #271277 by krileon
Make 3 plans and set them to Exclusive. You don't have to use a parent plan, but you can if you want to. If you use a parent plan then the parent must be active for the child plans to be subscribed to. The parent plan has to have a price and duration (it's just another plan), but you could set it to free lifetime if you wanted.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 7 months ago #271296 by AdvisorProducts
Replied by AdvisorProducts on topic CBSubs Setting up pricing options - Need help!
That doesn't help unless I misunderstand something. If I make 3 plans for "Video" and set them to exclusive without making a parent then they are under the "top" parent level. If I later have to create 3 more pricing plans for a different category, let's call it "Newsletters", and they are also under the "top" level and exclusive, then if pick one of the video price plans I won't be able to select any of the newsletter plans since they are all exclusive to the same parent level (called "Top"). Creating a parent to wrap the plans beneath and setting it to Free lifetime is not a good way since a customer will see contradicting info on their statement as both Free lifetime but also $80/mo. That just won't look right.

Is their a way to create my own version of the "top" selection where it doesn't add anything to the invoice and doesn't require a price or duration?

8 years 7 months ago #271304 by AdvisorProducts
Replied by AdvisorProducts on topic CBSubs Setting up pricing options - Need help!
Using Kyle's idea of a parent with Free lifetime settings,I only had to change the default way pricing is displayed to the customer and on the invoice by making changes on the pricing tab. Didn't know I could that. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Kyle.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn