Delete user when session expires or exit the site but keep data in AcyMailing

8 years 7 months ago #271566 by crealiagroup
That's my case:

user register to the site (no email activation) and I set-up and auto action to automatically login him soon after the registration process. The user navigate the site and do his stuff.

Now I want that when the user leave the site, or session expires, his account is deleted but at the same time I would keep his data in AcyMailing.

Is that possible?

Also, what will happens if the user do the registration process again after his account had been deleted? Any conflict with AcyMailing?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 7 months ago #271587 by krileon
CB Auto Action does not provide an action to delete a user. You would need to use a Code action with PHP and use CBs API to load the user object and delete it. Best I can suggest is setup CRON to run the Internal Users URL within CB Auto Actions > Parameters then in your code check if they're logged (maybe doable in the condition by substituting the onlinestatus field). Deleting them on logout is only reliable if they log out. There is no trigger for if their session expires (that's not possible without constantly checking database sessions to see if they're expired).

As far as keeping AcyMailing data I have no idea. We didn't create AcyMailing so I can't begin to suggest what it does or does not do with user data when they're deleted from Joomla.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn