Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Do you know that after updating from 1.9 to 2.0.11, this happens..

8 years 7 months ago #272021 by edmundcheong
Do you know that after updating from 1.9 to 2.0.11, this happens..

As for List, the filter condition goes missing? And it is not able to condition the following in simple mode:
`cb_providerid` ='[cb:userdata field="user_id" user="#me" /]'?

As for auto actions, its condition values are blank? So technically all my conditions which are set as updateafteruserprofileupdate is trigger everytime?

Not a big issue but i guess you might want to know..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 7 months ago #272032 by krileon
CB 2.x doesn't migrate plugins. Each plugin that isn't core is responsible for its own migration. Installing latest CB Auto Actions will migrate your actions if it detects if you were using an older release. Your userlist conditions should migrate fine if migration wasn't interrupted. For example if the install failed at any point then some migration will be lost.

Please understand the migration is not full proof. Conflicts can prevent it from migrating data. We can not anticipate every possible scenario with migrations. All migration tests are done on clean Joomla installs with CB, all our plugins installed, and sample data configured. 3rd party extensions or plugins could cause problems for migrations, which is why it's recommended to disable them.

Please also create a backup before upgrading. I also highly recommend cloning your site, upgrading it, then checking everything. This will give you an idea of what to expect with your live site.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: edmundcheong

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 7 months ago #272034 by krileon
Also note all substitutions in filters, etc.. in a userlist are always of the viewing user so you only need to do [user_id] to substitute in the viewing users user id.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 7 months ago #272042 by edmundcheong

krileon wrote: CB 2.x doesn't migrate plugins. Each plugin that isn't core is responsible for its own migration. Installing latest CB Auto Actions will migrate your actions if it detects if you were using an older release. Your userlist conditions should migrate fine if migration wasn't interrupted. For example if the install failed at any point then some migration will be lost.

Please understand the migration is not full proof. Conflicts can prevent it from migrating data. We can not anticipate every possible scenario with migrations. All migration tests are done on clean Joomla installs with CB, all our plugins installed, and sample data configured. 3rd party extensions or plugins could cause problems for migrations, which is why it's recommended to disable them.

Please also create a backup before upgrading. I also highly recommend cloning your site, upgrading it, then checking everything. This will give you an idea of what to expect with your live site.

Don't worry too much about it. Just wanted to check if there were similar experiences. Am cool about it as like what you've said, everything must be tested on the staging environment and not on production. ;)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon