[#5568] CB Conditional with AJAX

8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #272431 by edmundcheong
[#5568] CB Conditional with AJAX was created by edmundcheong
I am trying out some AJAX Fields. But somehow it is not conditioning. Does CB Conditional work at profile view with ajax?

It works in edit view.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #272464 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Conditional with AJAX
The conditions likely will not function with the ajax usage. Ajax usage causes each fields edit display to behave interdependently on profile view. If you need to condition a field with ajax you should ensure profile view conditioning is being applied so the entire field would be hidden as needed, but if you edit a field via ajax it won't hide other fields until next page refresh.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 6 months ago #272466 by edmundcheong
Replied by edmundcheong on topic CB Conditional with AJAX

krileon wrote: ...ensure profile view conditioning is being applied so the entire field would be hidden as needed, but if you edit a field via ajax it won't hide other fields until next page refresh.

Is it expected to show while in profile view or only in the next page refresh. Just confirming. Thanks Kyle.

8 years 6 months ago #272473 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Conditional with AJAX
If Field A is ajax editable and there's a condition to hide Field B, but Field B is currently visible and you ajax edit Field A to hide Field B then Field B won't hide until the next page load. I've added a feature ticket to improve the interaction between ajax fields and CB Conditional.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5568

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: edmundcheong

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn