Skip to Content Skip to Menu

RE: JQuery

• Fuquan
  • Fuquan
8 years 5 months ago #274707 by Fuquan
RE: JQuery was created by Fuquan
Hi,

Just a quick question since Joomla already comes with jQuery when you go into hte Community Builder Configuration there is also a jQuery option should we have that set to "Yes" or to "No"? Also what about the next field the jQuery Migrate option?

I ask because a component I recently updated gave a few problems and was asked by the developer to reinstall Joomla and CB etc. I did not reinstall joomla but I did reinstall the latest version of CB and I noticed I lost links on another separate component and all the pages that had external links (using a background video module) to YouTube videos no longer worked either. So going over things I noticed the jQuery thing.

Thanks
Fuquan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
8 years 5 months ago #274755 by nant
Replied by nant on topic RE: JQuery

Fuquan wrote: Hi,

Just a quick question since Joomla already comes with jQuery when you go into hte Community Builder Configuration there is also a jQuery option should we have that set to "Yes" or to "No"? Also what about the next field the jQuery Migrate option?

I ask because a component I recently updated gave a few problems and was asked by the developer to reinstall Joomla and CB etc. I did not reinstall joomla but I did reinstall the latest version of CB and I noticed I lost links on another separate component and all the pages that had external links (using a background video module) to YouTube videos no longer worked either. So going over things I noticed the jQuery thing.

Thanks
Fuquan.

Check the tooltips for these parameters - I cannot really add anything else to the tips.

I do not think what you are seeing has anything to do with CB settings though.

• Fuquan
  • Fuquan
8 years 5 months ago #274929 by Fuquan
Replied by Fuquan on topic RE: JQuery
Hi Nick thanks for the feedback. In respect of the tool tip that is often the first thing I presume most people read but since it has a "Recommendation" then after it states I quote "...another compatible means of jQuery is loaded..." it leaves room for confusion as how does one determine when and if another means of jQuery is running on a reasonably sized joomla site as virtually every module and even plugins do an auto load of JQuery and again in main Joomla itself there is no visible location that says enabled or disabled so it is hard to determine an actual jQuery load. Anyway, what I was asking was that since (according to the documentation) Joomla 3x is supposed to come auto loaded with jQuery then is it still "recommended" that this CB switch be left enabled as it to comes auto enabled?

When time permits I will test it out but as you know one will then have to cross check every cb related page to determine an all out working state which can itself be time consuming hence why I am asking here to save me going down this route!

Thanks
Idris

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 5 months ago #275145 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic RE: JQuery
Do not disable CBs jQuery unless you are absolutely certain it's a compatible release of jQuery. This typically means same or new release of jQuery than CBs. It's not recommended to disable CBs jQuery and it is very unlikely to ever fix any issues you may have with jQuery as CBs jQuery runs in a deep noConflict mode with its own namespace so it's not likely for it to conflict with other jQuery.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon