[SOLVED] RE: Weird Login Message

8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #275012 by Fuquan
[SOLVED] RE: Weird Login Message was created by Fuquan
Dear Nick Or Kyle,

I was wondering if any of you could help as since this evening some users started getting this message below (also see attachment) when they try to login and although the logs indicate they are logged in they can not get past the page of this message to their profile.

The weird part is that I logged in with two user accounts and one of them had no problem but the other which I happened to have used less than an hour earlier suddenly got the same error message and has been denied access tot he site ever since while the other account can still access it.

I then elevated one of the users who could not also access it to "admin" and still he could not get past the error page. So I am sort of confused as prior to that all that was done on the site was to create a GroupJive menu item and no updates or installs of any kind.

I have checked CB Subs even set the registration to allow "Free" registration but that has not changed the situation so if anyone your side could help provide some pointers as to what may be happening that would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Fuquan

"Please log in or sign up to view or modify your profile."
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 5 months ago #275032 by nant
Replied by nant on topic RE: Weird Login Message

Fuquan wrote: Dear Nick Or Kyle,

I was wondering if any of you could help as since this evening some users started getting this message below (also see attachment) when they try to login and although the logs indicate they are logged in they can not get past the page of this message to their profile.

The weird part is that I logged in with two user accounts and one of them had no problem but the other which I happened to have used less than an hour earlier suddenly got the same error message and has been denied access tot he site ever since while the other account can still access it.

I then elevated one of the users who could not also access it to "admin" and still he could not get past the error page. So I am sort of confused as prior to that all that was done on the site was to create a GroupJive menu item and no updates or installs of any kind.

I have checked CB Subs even set the registration to allow "Free" registration but that has not changed the situation so if anyone your side could help provide some pointers as to what may be happening that would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Fuquan

"Please log in or sign up to view or modify your profile."

Joomla/CB/CBSubs version?
URL for that page?

8 years 5 months ago #275047 by Fuquan
Replied by Fuquan on topic RE: Weird Login Message
CB 2.0.12 CBSubs 4.0.1
www.daco-1g.com
cbsubs1
cbsubs1

We are redesigning it so if you need backend access let me know so it can be provided. I am away in 2 hours so it may be a next week thing.

Thanks

8 years 5 months ago #275057 by nant
Replied by nant on topic RE: Weird Login Message

Fuquan wrote: CB 2.0.12 CBSubs 4.0.1
www.daco-1g.com
cbsubs1
cbsubs1

We are redesigning it so if you need backend access let me know so it can be provided. I am away in 2 hours so it may be a next week thing.

Thanks

That page is taking forever to load.

I need the URL of the page that is giving you the error you mentioned in your first post.

8 years 5 months ago #275150 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic RE: Weird Login Message
Ensure you've a public and published Joomla menu item to CBs profile page. If it's marked registered ensure you've a public and published Joomla menu item to CBs login page. The Itemids are used for Joomla access checks. Next within CB > Configuration > User Profile ensure "Profile View Access Level" is set to a View Access Level the user can actually access (e.g. Public).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 4 months ago #275515 by Fuquan
Replied by Fuquan on topic RE: Weird Login Message
Dear Nick,

Just got back from my break so will follow up on your pointers this coming week. Oh! Nick Thanks for spotting the lag on performance as we have intentionally ignored optimization so far as when ready the site migrates from its present test shared server to its own dedicated server. In the meantime I shall check out the solutions Kyle suggested below as I think that should work as that part we have not cross checked in the past. Will update later! Thanks!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn