Personalized logout redirect and message

8 years 4 months ago #275463 by Magic2014
Personalized logout redirect and message was created by Magic2014
Hi guys,

I'm wondering if I would need to create an auto action (or if this is something Auto Actions would even handle) for members to either be redirected to a personalized type of "thanks and see you soon message" upon logout (personalized via name etc) or some type of window or panel that would pop up conveying a similar message; or if this is something handled in Joomla itself or some other CB function?

Question: The logout redirection for custom page is simple enough, but how would we personalize an exit salutation for each member?

Thanks Magic

...BTW: On the registration glitch (users not receiving registration emails) turned out their were some glitches with the host provider's servers. (You're right, external provider may be best route to go for this type of service. Thanks for tip. ...And as far as local server, I'm not sure if we ever actually had registrations working. Could have been we got some things confused with multiple jobs working and just ended up thinking registrations were working. If we did get that working, I can't remember how I did it. f (maybe you've got an idea). At any rate, we seem to be moving along quite nicely about now... thanks again

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 4 months ago #275465 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Personalized logout redirect and message

I'm wondering if I would need to create an auto action (or if this is something Auto Actions would even handle) for members to either be redirected to a personalized type of "thanks and see you soon message" upon logout (personalized via name etc) or some type of window or panel that would pop up conveying a similar message; or if this is something handled in Joomla itself or some other CB function?

Question: The logout redirection for custom page is simple enough, but how would we personalize an exit salutation for each member?

Redirecting to a Joomla article with your logout message is basically the only solution. Using Joomlas message queue will not work, because the session is lost on logout which is where the message is queued so the logout message is lost on logout.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 4 months ago #275475 by Magic2014
Replied by Magic2014 on topic Personalized logout redirect and message
But how could we personalize the message to each specific member?

How would tell Joomla that it's the CB member that just logged out?

8 years 4 months ago #275484 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Personalized logout redirect and message
One way you could do that is use CB Auto Actions to redirect to a Code action. The Code action would need the Triggers set to None and Method set to HTML. Next in your redirect you'd redirect to the Code actions direct URL with &users=[user_id] you then should be able to use substitutions just fine in your Code action to personalize it. Examples as follows.

Action 1
Triggers: onAfterLogout
Action: Redirect
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
URL: index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=cbautoactions&action=action&actions=CODE_ACTION_ID_HERE&users=[user_id]

Action 2
Triggers: None
Action: Code
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Method: HTML
Code:
Hello [username]!

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 4 months ago #275497 by Magic2014
Replied by Magic2014 on topic Personalized logout redirect and message
Thanks Kyle,

Will give it a go.

Let you know how it's working.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.608 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn