creating a Group Jive Categories page

8 years 4 months ago #275576 by jmboone
creating a Group Jive Categories page was created by jmboone
How can I create a Group Jive Categories page/module where it shows the categories and visitors can select a category and after selecting category they see the different groups under chosen category, the only selection I can create is an events page showing different groups with events

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 4 months ago #275586 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic creating a Group Jive Categories page
You can't create categories on frontend anymore. They are strictly backend managed. GJ can also function entirely without categories.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 4 months ago #275589 by jmboone
Replied by jmboone on topic creating a Group Jive Categories page
O.K- here us my scenario- I am creating a directory of companies that run events for american football and I want to use group jive as the plugin- the categories are Football Camps-Football Combines-Tournaments-Trainers. Under a category like Football Combines I would create a company listing(group jive group) like Schumans National Combine- by creating the listing as a group, it alows me to post all of Schumans events under the events tab within his Listing page/group page. I want to be able to all visitors to see all categories then choose the category they want to see and after selecting they would see all the listings/group pages of companies under that category- is that not possible?

8 years 4 months ago #275600 by jmboone
Replied by jmboone on topic creating a Group Jive Categories page
I am creating a directory of companies that run events for american football and I want to use group jive as the plugin- the categories are Football Camps-Football Combines-Tournaments-Trainers. Under a category like Football Combines I would create a company listing(group jive group) like Schumans National Combine- by creating the listing as a group, it alows me to post all of Schumans events under the events tab within his Listing page/group page. I want to be able to all visitors to see all categories then choose the category they want to see and after selecting they would see all the listings/group pages of companies under that category- is that not possible?

8 years 4 months ago #275611 by nant
Replied by nant on topic creating a Group Jive Categories page

jmboone wrote: I am creating a directory of companies that run events for american football and I want to use group jive as the plugin- the categories are Football Camps-Football Combines-Tournaments-Trainers. Under a category like Football Combines I would create a company listing(group jive group) like Schumans National Combine- by creating the listing as a group, it alows me to post all of Schumans events under the events tab within his Listing page/group page. I want to be able to all visitors to see all categories then choose the category they want to see and after selecting they would see all the listings/group pages of companies under that category- is that not possible?

You should be able to create an All Categories Joomla menu item.
This would take you to a landing page that has all the categories in it.
From there you should be able to drill down to a category you want and see all groups in that category.

See the CB GroupJive Primer Book - it has a chapter dedicated to Joomla GJ menus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn