[SOLVED] Connect - Facebook Login and Signup Error

8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #275716 by bsiemon
Hello,
I am trying to set up the CB Connect to my website. All other CB login and sign up are working properly. I keep getting this error.

"Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR in /home3/adlerllc/public_html/thesoupcookoff.com/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/libraries/Hybridauth/Provider/Facebook.php on line 104"

I followed these instructions - www.joomlapolis.com/forum/6-news-and-publicity/229505-configuring-cb-connect-7x#263227

CB Connect version - 7.0.0-beta.4
Joomla version - 3.4.7

www.thesoupcookoff.com/siteregistration/registers

How do I fix this, what other configuration settings do I need to look at?

Thanks!
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 4 months ago #275757 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Connect - Facebook Login and Signup Error
Please read the topic carefully. You do not meet its requirements. You must be using PHP 5.4 or greater. That error happens when you're using PHP 5.3.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/6-news-and-publicity/229505-configuring-cb-connect-7x#263227

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 4 months ago #275769 by bsiemon
Replied by bsiemon on topic Connect - Facebook Login and Signup Error
Perfect, thank you for pointing that out. I did the php update and everything seems to be working. I appreciate the support!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

8 years 4 months ago #275793 by bsiemon
Kyle,
I spoke to soon. It seems to work once and after a Joomla update and screen refresh I get the following errors (see attachments).

Image2.jpg gets the same error for Signup or Login
Image3.jpg gets the error when trying to link an existing user account.

Thanks for the help.
Attachments:

8 years 4 months ago #275795 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Connect - Facebook Login and Signup Error
Image2 is due to broken fields. Install latest CB 2.x nightly then install latest CB Connect 7.x. That should fix that issue. Image3 is a configuration problem in your Facebook App. These social sites are domain strict. If you configure it for your domain without www and you attempt to login at your domain with www it will not work and vise verse.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 4 months ago #275800 by bsiemon
Thanks for the response again.

I seemed to have brought myself back to the same problem.

You said "Install latest CB 2.x nightly then install latest CB Connect 7.x. That should fix that issue."

I did this. It worked. I tested it several times. I was able to sign up with Facebook and also sign in with Facebook.

That left the issue of linking an existing account.
"....is a configuration problem in your Facebook App. These social sites are domain strict. If you configure it for your domain without www and you attempt to login at your domain with www it will not work and vise verse."

I searched all my setting in the connect plug-in and looked over Facebook settings and I still can not link an existing user account. Upon trying to fix this issue, I now can no long sign up or sign in with Facebook.

After getting frustrated with the app settings not working I deleted the app and started and new one. I updated those settings in the Connect Plug in.

Screen shots to show setting and error.
image4 - same as previously attached image3. This is error at attempt to link existing user.
image5 - Facebook screen shot of App settings.
image6 - Facebook screen shot
image7 - error when trying to sign up

Again thanks for the help.
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn