Auto action emails replacing CBsubs mail

8 years 4 months ago #275875 by activha
Hello

Is it safe to replace all emails sent by CBsubs plan by single auto action which would act upon only status of the basket ?

If yes how can I trigger several plans at once ?

Should I only act on OnCpayAfterPaymentStatusUpdateEvent and only use
[var2_payment_method] different from offline
[var4] = Pending or Completed to send two different emails to all paid plans

If I want to sent to only plans 6,7 and 8 what is the var to use and how 6|7|8 for instance ?

I would like to know the triggers used by a plan for first email, first payment, first activation, renewal, upgrade and expiration to have only one email to change for our 12 plans

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 4 months ago #275884 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Auto action emails replacing CBsubs mail
You can't send an email based off basket plan id because a basket isn't tied to a specific plan. A basket can have several plans, promotions applied, taxes applied, etc.. That information is a part of the baskets items list, which that information isn't available from CB Auto Actions.

The most reliable way to act on plan state change is the below usage.

Plan Active
Triggers: onCPayUserStateChange
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Conditional 1: [var3] Equal To PLAN_ID_HERE
Conditional 2: [var2] Equal To A

Plan Expired
Triggers: onCPayUserStateChange
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Conditional 1: [var3] Equal To PLAN_ID_HERE
Conditional 2: [var2] Equal To X

The plan emails are using the above trigger (CBSubs Email is at least).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 4 months ago #275887 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Auto action emails replacing CBsubs mail
OK is there a difference with using Mailer and Paid Basket Payment Date ?

Say I want to generate an email with an invoice once payment is completed, would you recommend Mailer with paid basket or the above triggers ?

8 years 4 months ago #275896 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Auto action emails replacing CBsubs mail
Probably onCPayAfterPaymentStatusUpdateEvent checking that status is Completed or Processed. That's the trigger used for all of our tracking plugins (idev, piwik, and google), but you'd really need to use it in a custom plugin to utilize it best as it has several function calls for the basket to retrieve more detailed information that's probably important for your invoice (e.g. access to totalizers, basket items, etc..). Otherwise just use the above triggers, the presentation tab emails, or CBSubs Emails if you don't need detailed basket information.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn