RE: CB Subs

8 years 4 months ago #275889 by Fuquan
RE: CB Subs was created by Fuquan
Hi Kyle/Nick,

Could I ask what exactly is the relationship between the Joomla plugin "cbpaidsubsbot" and the Community Builder Plugin "CB Paid Subscriptions"?

The problem I last pointed out seems to be coming from the "CB Paid Subscriptions" as when I disable it everything immediately works fine as the specific users that had login visibility problems (as in the backend they are logged in but in the front end the user gets an error message askign them to login) earlier will immediately have full access.

Going through the installed files I noticed the cbpaidsubsbot hence why I am asking. However, may I also ask (as I have had to disable the "CB Paid Subscriptions" inorder for people to have full access) is there something I can do in CB Subs to correct this login problem as I have checked the settings and cant seem to find where the problem is really coming from as I have not set restrictions on any pages. Also may I ask thought we manage user permissions from CB and Joomla does the CS Subscription "Permissions" then override these other permissions?

Finally, does CB Subs work in a Sub-Domain scenario or with SSO? As sharing a single database does not seem to hit it off well for a few of the components that we installed and they seem to both function and even respond faster/better in a sub-domain scenario hence why I ask if CB Subs/CB can work in a sub-domain setting?.

Thanks
Fuquan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 4 months ago #275899 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic RE: CB Subs
Without the CBSubs Bot the vast majority of CBSubs protection features will not work. If you're only protecting profile data with something like CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection, CBSubs SQL Actions, CBSubs Fields, etc.. it doesn't particularly matter, but if you're using CBSubs Content at all then the bot is mandatory for it to function.

I find it hard to believe it has anything to do with login issues and that you've an issue coming from elsewhere. Either another CB plugin, maybe a CB Auto Action, or bad plan protection configuration (e.g. if CBSubs is protecting CB extension you get odd issues).

Also may I ask thought we manage user permissions from CB and Joomla does the CS Subscription "Permissions" then override these other permissions?

CBSubs functions in addition to Joomla usergroup/view access level usages. It's not a replacement unless you want it to be I guess.

Finally, does CB Subs work in a Sub-Domain scenario or with SSO? As sharing a single database does not seem to hit it off well for a few of the components that we installed and they seem to both function and even respond faster/better in a sub-domain scenario hence why I ask if CB Subs/CB can work in a sub-domain setting?.

No, it does not work across multiple domains.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds