GJ Groups not showing up in Category

8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #276583 by A Human
GJ Groups not showing up in Category was created by A Human
Hi There,

GJ Groups not showing up in Category

We are using this mod with moderate success and we tend to repeat our previous steps.

All categories are public, groups are open, owner of group is in all ACL categories,

Yet in one Category only one group shows

prntscr.com/9rg53x

Menu item config - prntscr.com/9rg5il

Group Config - prntscr.com/9rg6p9

Just can't think what it could be,

The fact that one shows and the others don't when they look to me to be exactly the same except in name

Thankyou

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 3 months ago #276608 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic GJ Groups not showing up in Category
Are you sure the ID you supplied to the menu item is the ID found in the right most column of backend Categories view? The ID is not under the # column. Did you search the groups in that category? Do those groups display on the All Groups menu item?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #276963 by A Human
Replied by A Human on topic GJ Groups not showing up in Category
Hi there I thought I had a work around and even though it doesn’t, the work through gave me some further insight

when I reassign the owner to someone else it seems to affect something other than just that or the new owners prefs are limiting its view??

I also notice that as I do this the number of groups shown to be part of category reduce, yet my finds retain the same number of groups in the category

ie as I reassign to a new owner its bumping them out of a category or hiding them within??? your thoughts??

Thank you

I wrote Earlier………...

Scrap the following

Thankyou for replying.

Yes I have checked and I have found a work around which was to add through the front to the same category, with successful results.

So it appears to be in our case an admin panel issue, when we add a group there, it does not show.

Thoughts?

Peace
A

8 years 3 months ago #276967 by A Human
Replied by A Human on topic GJ Groups not showing up in Category
Ok, I sorted it, nothing like some perseverance and good old Sherlock.

When I was looking at this user issue that I realised users I created in the Joomla User table had been added to the CB Users table

Once I Synched the table through tools,
new users came accross and the groups were imediately visible.

Hope this helps someone.

Peace

A

8 years 3 months ago #276968 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic GJ Groups not showing up in Category
When you create a group in backend you need to specify an owner id. My guess is the owner id you're supplying in backend isn't a valid user id. You can find a users id within CB > User Management under the far right Id column.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn