Multiple profiles and paid subscriptions, how?

8 years 3 months ago #276756 by rkreijveld
We are building a new website for a client with two kinds of profiles:
  • A profile for travelers that describe the traveler and his or her skills (like spoken languages, skills in various work areas etc.)
  • A profile for organizations providing work possibilities for travelers (like location, sorts of work offered, skills asked, diet wishes etc.)

We plan to build this functionality with CB and additional extensions. Some of the subscription plans will be free, the others are paid subscriptions. We will buy a developer CB subscription to get the necessary licenses.

What I am looking for is a solution to provide registrations and profile display and list options for the profile types. Preferably I would like a visitor to choose what kind of registration the visitor wants to use (traveler/organization) and based on that choice go to the correct registration form that only shows the fields for that profile of course.

Based on choices they make in the registration some will need a paid subscription.

My main question is, can this all be done with CBSubs? Or do I need something like Community Builder Profile Pro to customize the profile, edit and registration pages?
And if so, can Community Builder Profile Pro and CBSubs work together to provide the maid subscriptions?

Thanks in advance for your advise.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 3 months ago #276767 by krileon
If you want the profile types to be based off a CBSubs plan you can hide fields based off plan selection under the Workflows tab of your plan then hide them on profile using CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection.

If you want profile types to be based off a field selection (e.g. select fieldtype) you can use CB Conditional to show/hide tabs/fields for this.

Both solutions give a customized registration, profile edit, and profile view experience based off profile type. See the below tutorials regarding CB Conditional usage.

www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLp0puRITgC7PxD6MvmDwNNIi2HNcYxs7u

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant, rkreijveld

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn