[SOLVED] Canvas and Avatars

8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #276915 by sarah963
[SOLVED] Canvas and Avatars was created by sarah963
Hello everyone

I am wondering if there is a way to get rid of the canvas and avatars images provided by CB out of the box installation...
I just want the user to upload their own canvas and avatars as the only option available for them.

Also, it seems like users can post blogs and delete them but not articles.
Is there a way to allow users to post articles and/or delete them from their user profiles, just like blogs?!

Thanks
Sarah

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 3 months ago #276927 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Canvas and Avatars

I am wondering if there is a way to get rid of the canvas and avatars images provided by CB out of the box installation...
I just want the user to upload their own canvas and avatars as the only option available for them.

You need to create an empty image then assign it as the default for your canvas and avatar image fields.

Also, it seems like users can post blogs and delete them but not articles.
Is there a way to allow users to post articles and/or delete them from their user profiles, just like blogs?!

The articles tab strictly shows their articles. To submit new articles you need to use the article submit functionality built into Joomla.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #276995 by sarah963
Replied by sarah963 on topic Canvas and Avatars
Thanks

I found out that I can disable the "Image Gallery" in the Avatar field's parameter..

I went ahead and disabled it ...

I would love to use two images for the default. The one already came with CB is only a figure for male, I would like to use another that looks like female figure when the users identify their gender as female in the registration form.

Is it possible to set two images as default?
See attached..

Thanks again :)
Attachments:

8 years 3 months ago #277001 by sarah963
Oh, I think I found the answer to my question here:

www.joomlapolis.com/support/tutorials/107-use-cases/18403-delimiter-field-magic

Thanks Alot

Sarah

8 years 3 months ago #277011 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Canvas and Avatars
You don't have to use delimiter fields to do that anymore. You can use the Layout functionality. Edit your image field then under Parameters > Layouts you can use the below example for Profile Value Layout.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/228527-gender-badges?start=6#259249

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sarah963

8 years 3 months ago #277028 by sarah963
Oh layout..
How I did not think of that !!

I forgot that I created a gender field following Nick's tutorial..

Thank you so much..
There is alot to learn in CB and CB subs,, so, please be patient with us!! :) :)

Personally, I have been working with Joomla! and it's extensions for the first time since last October.. So, learning all that information in 4 months is an achievement for me ..
My website is up and running now except the registration/subscription part..
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant, krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn