[SOLVED] #__cbsubs_subscriptions status depending of grace period ?

8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #277183 by erilam
Hi,

I've noted that the status value in #__cbsubs_subscriptions remains active (A) even if the subscription is obsolete. Is it because I have a grace period going beyond today ?

And, second question, is it also the reason why email on expiration are not send ?

Thx for your answers

Eric Lamy (erix)
www.agerix.fr/

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 2 months ago #277204 by krileon
A subscription does not truly expire until the grace period has ended. I don't know what you mean by obsolete. Do you mean the plan was deleted somehow?

And, second question, is it also the reason why email on expiration are not send ?

Expiration emails won't send unless the plan goes directly into expiration state. So most likely, yes.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 2 months ago #277213 by erilam

krileon wrote: A subscription does not truly expire until the grace period has ended. I don't know what you mean by obsolete. Do you mean the plan was deleted somehow?

obsolete means that subscription end date is over (without grace period)

So if I want to have reneval email to be send, is it possible to change grace period by plan setting ? I'm afraid that email won't be send if I do that...

krileon wrote: A subscription does not truly expire until the grace period has ended. I don't know what you mean by obsolete. Do you mean the plan was deleted somehow?

Expiration emails won't send unless the plan goes directly into expiration state. So most likely, yes.

So I've made a mistake with the terme "grace period". I thought that this period was a period untill sibscribers could benefit of rights to the reserved content but will be notified that they have to reneval their subscription. I understand it's not the case.

Eric Lamy (erix)
www.agerix.fr/

8 years 2 months ago #277216 by krileon

obsolete means that subscription end date is over (without grace period)

The subscription should be expired then. If the plan had a grace period, the user subscribed, then you removed the grace period your change is not retroactive. Existing subscriptions are untouched by future plan changes.

So if I want to have reneval email to be send, is it possible to change grace period by plan setting ? I'm afraid that email won't be send if I do that...

You would need to use CBSubs Mailer and create a mailer to sent for example 1 month before expiration date if you had a 1 month grace period.

So I've made a mistake with the terme "grace period". I thought that this period was a period untill sibscribers could benefit of rights to the reserved content but will be notified that they have to reneval their subscription. I understand it's not the case.

Grace period is time in addition to the duration that's essentially for free and is used before they will truly expire. I don't recall if expiration email trigger was ever changed to ignore grace period or not, but best way to send renewal notices is with CBSubs Mailer.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 2 months ago #277331 by erilam
Hi,

Finaly I've used CBsubs mailer and played with date before expiration date. I was passed throght this point on several website and now I understand why I have this problem with email.

Thx for your answers Kyle, I can close the thread ;)

Eric Lamy (erix)
www.agerix.fr/
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn