Difficulties in setting up paypal

8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #277237 by sarah963
Difficulties in setting up paypal was created by sarah963
Hi all

I have just set up Paypal pro and provided all the information for API credentials and it's on test server right now ..

I am receiving this message when testing:

"Submitted subscription payment didn't return an error but didn't complete. Please contact site administrator to check error log."

Any idea why I am having this error?

I have all of the following in green:
HTTPS POST subsystem status
Openssl status
OpenSSL Status (See Settings)

My CB subs version is 4.0
Joomla is 3.4.8

Thanks
Sarah

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 2 months ago #277254 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Difficulties in setting up paypal
Where are you receiving that message when you're doing what exactly? Are you using PayPal Sandbox? Any notifications logged in CBSubs > Notifications? Any errors logged in CBSubs > History?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 2 months ago #277281 by sarah963
Replied by sarah963 on topic Difficulties in setting up paypal
Hi Krileon

I am using the sandbox at this stage.

I get the error after I enter the 'fake' credit card number "4242424242424242" and hit the button that says: "Pay ..."

Here is what I have in the history:
NOTICE: Trying to get property of non-object in .../components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpaidsubscriptions/plugin/cbsubspromotion/cbsubs.promotion.php on line 1961

and this error:
loadSomething::subid 1 with planid 1 could not load.

In notification, I have:

Log Type Payment gateway communication error (Single payment)
Verification FAILED
Username
Full name
Currency USD
Amount: single 60.00000
first
recurring
Gateway account PayPal Pro Gateway
Payment method -
Type web_accept
Status Denied
Pending reason
Reason code 8888

Thanks Alot
Sarah

8 years 2 months ago #277317 by krileon
You can't use the fake credit card number provided by CBSubs for PayPal Pro testing. You need to create a business and consumer testing accounts in PayPal Sandbox. The business account would be setup as the gateway account. The consumer account you'd use their test credit card number to test purchases. All other card numbers will be rejected.

Here is what I have in the history:
NOTICE: Trying to get property of non-object in .../components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpaidsubscriptions/plugin/cbsubspromotion/cbsubs.promotion.php on line 1961

There's only a comment on that line. Please install latest CB 2.0.13 release then install latest CBSubs 4.x nightly release to ensure you're up to date.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #277410 by sarah963
Replied by sarah963 on topic Difficulties in setting up paypal
Hi Krileon

Ok, here is what I want to do..

When I click the 'submit' button on the registration page, it takes me to another page to allow users to add information about their address, country ,,, etc. and choose the type of credit card.

I don't want that page!
I want the address fields mentioned above to be added to the registration page, so that when I hit the submit button, it takes me to PayPal hosted checkout page directly.
This will probably help me in testing,,
I have already set up "business" and "customer" accounts in PayPal Sandbox..but with the pages that CB subs takes me to from the registration page.. I feel I like I am lost do not know what to do, especially with the text in red that appears in the top of the payment page..

I checked the CB subs documentation and it does not provide information about that..

Also, the address fields only exist in mySQL and not in CB fields management tab..

So sorry for all that mess..
But, I feel like I am so overwhelmed with CB and CB subs and paypal documentation ,,
Alot to study and little time left to finish the website ,, :) :) :)

Thanks Alot
Sarah

oh, the message in red says:
"paypalpro TEST SERVER. You can use credit-card number 4242424242424242 and any valid date to test."
That also confused me ,, should I use the costumer credit card # in paypal sandbox or the above credit card #..

8 years 2 months ago #277415 by krileon
You can't really get rid of the basket page without stripping away its need for use. To do this you can't use coupon codes, have to have only 1 gateway, turn off invoice address usage, and turn off terms and conditions. There's probably a lot more other criteria that I can't recall off the top of my head.

If you're being taken to the PayPal hosted payment page then you're not using PayPal Pro, but PayPal Standard. Ensure you've the CBSubs PayPal Pro gateway installed.

Invoice address can be configured within CBSubs > Settings > Display > Invoices. The CBSubs invoice address is not shown on profile. They're internal fields used exclusively in CBSubs. You need to create CB fields and map them to CBSubs if you want to use CB fields instead.

PayPal Pro is not the right way to go if you're on a deadline. It's not easy to configure from either end (PayPal or CBSubs). I recommend using PayPal Standard until you've had more time to become more familiar with CBSubs and PayPal Pro configuration.

oh, the message in red says:
"paypalpro TEST SERVER. You can use credit-card number 4242424242424242 and any valid date to test."
That also confused me ,, should I use the costumer credit card # in paypal sandbox or the above credit card #..

It's a generic message that's output on any credit card view when testing is enabled. You need to use the customer credit card number provided by PayPal Sandbox for actual testing.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: sarah963

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn