Difficulties in setting up paypal

8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #277427 by sarah963
Replied by sarah963 on topic Difficulties in setting up paypal
Thank you so much Krileon

I created a test account on Paypal and used Paypal gateway in CB subs instead of PayPal pro gateway.

And it works like a charm now! I just need to tweak it here and there..

One last question, though!
Paypal provides many products and solutions for accepting payments. Some of them are legacy products such as Website payment Pro.. (That made my head turn when reading paypal documentations :S )

I think if someone is interested in opening a new account with Paypal, they either get Paypal Payment Pro or PayFlow gateway. The difference between these two is that one can use payment processor other than Paypal using PayFlow gateway.,, I think :unsure:
Now, I am wondering which Paypal product, the CB subs PayPal Pro plugin is intended for?
Is it also intended for use by people who want to host their own checkout page?

Also, can I use the regular CB subs PayPal gateway even if my account is Paypal Payment Pro?

I attached two pictures to make it easier to get a sense of what I mean..
You can see that the difference between these two pictures is that Paypal Payment Pro is not available in one of them .. which implies that PayPal Payment Pro is a service you can upgrade to if you want..

Thank you so muck Krileon

I really appreciate your time and help :)

P.s. I meant 3 questions not 1 ,, :) ;)
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 2 months ago #277445 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Difficulties in setting up paypal

Now, I am wondering which Paypal product, the CB subs PayPal Pro plugin is intended for?

PayPal Payments Pro, it's basically PayPal PayFlow except the processor is always PayPal.

Is it also intended for use by people who want to host their own checkout page?

Yes, but there's a lot of working getting on-site payments working. You need HTTPS with a valid SSL certification, the right PayPal services bought, a PayPal business account, and then the configuration is a bit confusing on top of this. The main issue is the sandbox is exponentially more confusing than it used to be so it makes testing any of this a complete nightmare.

With that said it's still entirely doable, but like I said if you're on a tight deadline it's not going to be in your best interest to tackle such a complex usage so late in development. If you've got a good month or so then it'll be fine to get things up and running, but if you needed to be done last week then going with PayPal Standard for now is your best option.

Also, can I use the regular CB subs PayPal gateway even if my account is Paypal Payment Pro?

Yes.

At some point we'll be redoing our PayPal gateways and hopefully consolidating them into 1 making things a lot easier to configure and use. Unfortunately there's not much we can do to assist with PayPal configurations without PayPal login credentials and we really do not like requesting such details.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sarah963

8 years 2 months ago #277458 by sarah963
Thank you so much Krileon!

The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

8 years 2 months ago #277460 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Difficulties in setting up paypal
Please be sure to let us know if you've any further issues.

If you're still wanting to get started with the PayPal Pro implementation you're welcome to PM backend super administrator login credentials and will see if I can get it working with sandbox. I recommend doing this on a clone of your site though and letting the live site continue to function with PayPal Standard.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sarah963

8 years 2 months ago #277473 by sarah963
Will do!

I will let you know if there is any other problem.

For now, I would rather stick to PayPal standard because I have to find a way to let paypal accept 3 years payment for memberships. Members get a nice discount if they want to pay for 3 years instead of 1 year.

My CB subs plans are set to 1-year plan only, so far. And I don't want to duplicate plans and clutter my registration page.

I have 1-year six plans, if I duplicate a plan to be 1-year and 3-year, I will end up with 11 plans (One of them only accepts 1-year membership).

So, I am thinking to have Paypal accept 1-year and 3-year payments for one plan.
I will have to research that, if there is no solution at Paypal, I will come back here ,, :D

8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #277474 by sarah963
Oh never mind, I think I know how to do it with CB Subs!
I will just hide the 3-year plans and when a user chooses a specific plan, the 3-year plan shows up as a second choice.

Thank goodness, i don't have to deal with PayPal .... :D :D

Thanks for the great product,,
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn