2.0.x broke the old Fields Delimiter (now HTML?) fields

8 years 2 months ago #277509 by ernienet
I had a simple Fields Delimiter field in my old web site:

<strong>[company]</strong>
[address] [cb_address2]
[city], [state] [zipcode]

(HTML: <p><strong>[company]</strong><br />[address] [cb_address2]<br />[city], [state] [zipcode]</p>).

When I upgraded to 2.0.x, these now display exactly as shown above instead of showing the data.

I searched the Primer, and can't find anything in there, and I searched to forums and found all kinds of clever comparison and conditional stuff, but I couldn't see how the above might have changed, unless it's supposed to have [cb: fieldname="company"] or something like that.

I also tried to find the full CB manual, or a developers manual, but I could not find anything when I tried to search under downloads.

What's making this fail? I double and triple-checked the field names, and I've got another site with the same field that is displaying correctly.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 2 months ago #277525 by krileon
The delimiter field was just renamed to Custom HTML field. Internally it's still all the same. Edit your field and toggle off the editor as it's possible your fields contents were escaped by the WYSIWYG which would cause the HTML to output as is and possibly substitutions broken. Also check that the fields your substituting are accessible.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 2 months ago #277545 by ernienet
I messed up. There were duplicate field names for the address fields, and I cleaned it up by checking MySQL to be sure the duplicates didn't have data, then deleted all the duplicate fields preceded with "cb_".

Not sure why, but it's the "cb_" versions that remained. I'm a little confused, but at least the field works right now :)

8 years 2 months ago #277554 by krileon
The cb_ are CB 2.x sample data fields. They'll show up if you ran the sample data tool. Previous releases incorrectly didn't include the cb_ prefix. You can still use your existing fields, rename the existing with cb_, or use the new ones.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn