upgrade community builder

8 years 2 months ago #277875 by fabioweb90
upgrade community builder was created by fabioweb90
Hello!
what is the best way for upgrading 1.9.1 version to 2.0.13?

Best regards

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 2 months ago #277889 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic upgrade community builder
As it's a migration there will almost guaranteed be issues or things you didn't expect.

The best approach is to first make a backup of your site. Next clone your site and upgrade the clone. This will give you an idea of what to expect. If you've any 3rd party extensions integration with CB or any system plugins for CB installed be sure to disable them (e.g. Kunena integration plugin, K2 profile integration, CBSubs system plugin, admin nav module, etc..) to avoid API load order bugs.

You may also want to watch the below video.

Additional CB 2.x videos can be found below.

www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLp0puRITgC7PuyzPsMUECDI46VE7IFSAX

Be sure to become familiar with CB 2.x and its changes on your clone before deciding to upgrade your live as it'll better prepare you for any unexpected behavior.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 1 month ago #278928 by fabioweb90
Replied by fabioweb90 on topic upgrade community builder
Thank you so much,
i purge cache and enabled community builder updates but i can't update from extension manager..
Can i install 2.0.13 manually?

Thank you
Attachments:

8 years 1 month ago #278951 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic upgrade community builder
You need to install CB 2.x manually. You can not migrate from CB 1.x to CB 2.x from Joomlas backend.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn