Collecting CBSubs Shipping Address

8 years 2 months ago #278512 by ksaltman
Collecting CBSubs Shipping Address was created by ksaltman
I have a site with both paid and a free subscription option. When a paid subscription is purchased I need to collect a shipping address, but a free subscription does not need the shipping fields collected.

A few questions:

- What is the proper way of only collected certain fields based on a users subscription. I see I can limit access to the fields based on subscription but how do I dynamically provide access to the fields based on the subscription BOTH during registration and upgrade?

- How do I add other fields to a payment invoice? I only see ways to modify what variable a field is stored during the invoice address confirmation but not add new fields.

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 2 months ago #278529 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Collecting CBSubs Shipping Address

- What is the proper way of only collected certain fields based on a users subscription. I see I can limit access to the fields based on subscription but how do I dynamically provide access to the fields based on the subscription BOTH during registration and upgrade?

You'll probably want to create fields within CB it self so you can collect country, state, address, etc.. without needing CBSubs to do it. Then within CBSubs > Settings > Display > Invoices map your CB fields to CBSubs.

- How do I add other fields to a payment invoice? I only see ways to modify what variable a field is stored during the invoice address confirmation but not add new fields.

You can't, there's no storage behavior for additional invoice fields.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 2 months ago #278535 by ksaltman
Replied by ksaltman on topic Collecting CBSubs Shipping Address
Is it possible to get a CB tab displayed during an upgrade like they are shown during a new registration?

8 years 2 months ago #278538 by krileon
Don't understand what you mean. CBSubs at no point displays fields to update during the purchase process. Registration is just showing your normal registration form where CBSubs is a field on it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ksaltman

8 years 2 months ago #278567 by ksaltman
Replied by ksaltman on topic Collecting CBSubs Shipping Address
Ok one more stab at this and then I'll just make it always optional.

My goal is to have a shipping address that is optional/not collected for free subscriptions and required for paid. Any thoughts how this could be done or just make it optional all the time?

8 years 2 months ago #278595 by krileon
Best I can suggest is use the hide fields on registration feature under the Workflows tab and have the free plan hide those fields. There's no conditioning that can be applied to the invoice address fields though. There's no functionality to toggle the required state of a field for a user.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn