[SOLVED] Groupjive Plugins - problems when using "Enable with Approval"

8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #278644 by gigayf
Hello,
I am having some problems with the Groupjive plugins (events, file, photo, etc) when the group creator configures those as "Enable, with Approval".
For example: when a regular member of the group creates an event, he gets the message "Event scheduled successfully!". So he/she is not aware that the event, file, photo, etc still needs to get approved by a moderator, admin or owner. On top of that when he looks into the group tab for the corresponding new item, he just sees it there as if it was already visible to others. It is however not visible to other regular members of the group since it still needs to be approved.
Now when an admin opens the group, he sees the new item (let's say a file) in the list as any other file that has already been approved. There is no distinction of the ones pending. It is until he goes to the "gear" icon when he sees the option "Approve".

So in other words, the user that uploads a new item should get a message like "Event scheduled succesfully and awaiting approval" and also in the list of items (either events, files, photos) there should be one of those "clock" icons indicating that it is pending and still needs to be approved.

On a related topic, going back to the example above, a user creates a new event that needs to be approved first. All of the group members are getting the email notification that the event needs approval, not just the owner, admins and moderators. I don't think all group members should be getting these emails. I know I can disable it by default in the plugin configuration, however if I do this, by default the group owners, admins and moderators would not be getting these emails when they should.

I have already searched in the forums and website for a related issue but could not find anything. I am using latest Joomla 3.4.8, CB 2.0.13, GJ 3.0.1

Thanks in advance!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 2 months ago #278660 by krileon
Please install latest GJ 3.x nightly release. An icon has been added to every entry that is pending approval. It also should say "Event scheduled successfully and awaiting approval!" for example if it needs to be approved. Latest nightly can be found below.

www.joomlapolis.com/downloads/doc_details/790-groupjive-301-package-nightly-release

All of the group members are getting the email notification that the event needs approval, not just the owner, admins and moderators.

Please see if issue persists with latest nightly release.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gigayf

8 years 2 months ago #278781 by gigayf
Great! Both problems were solved after installing GJ 3.0.1 nightly from 29Feb2016.

Thank you very much Kyle!
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant, krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn