CB Code Field

8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #278721 by edmundcheong
Replied by edmundcheong on topic CB Code Field

If you want to dynamically pull the options from the database based off your select2 filter you need to create an entirely new fieldtype plugin to handle that

By any chance that you guys will be producing this fieldtype plugin? :P

And also i manage to try the auto action with:
$( '.cbft_select select,.cbft_multiselect select' ).cbselect();

Is it possible to isolate this auto action to a specific field rather then to select2 all select and multiselect?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 1 month ago #278758 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Code Field

By any chance that you guys will be producing this fieldtype plugin?

Yes, it'll be a part of the CB Core Field Ajax on update feature. CB Query Field and CB Code Field are kind of testing this implementation now, but it has no support for select2 at this time. Currently they can update their options based off another fields value changing. Once they've select2 support it should also work when a select2 field changes and if the update on usage points to the fields self ideally also work on the filter being changed.

Is it possible to isolate this auto action to a specific field rather then to select2 all select and multiselect?

Yes, right click and inspect element on your field to find its specific id and adjust the jQuery selector as needed. Example as follows.

$( '#FIELD_NAME' ).cbselect();

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #278827 by edmundcheong
Replied by edmundcheong on topic CB Code Field

Right click and inspect element on your field to find its specific id and adjust the jQuery selector as needed. Example as follows.

I don't see the ID.. btw what browser are u using and right click at where? The front end profile page or the admin field management page?

Can you provide a visual on this?

Can i just add the single select fieldname (column name in #_comprofiler like this?
$( '#cb_fieldnametest01' ).cbselect();

8 years 1 month ago #278838 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Code Field

btw what browser are u using

Chrome

right click at where?

The select input that you want to be a select2.

The front end profile page or the admin field management page?

Backend or frontend profile edit. Both render the same HTML.

Can you provide a visual on this?

No, it's a basic part of any browsers developer console.

Can i just add the single select fieldname (column name in #_comprofiler like this?

Yes, in most cases that will work as shown in my reply above.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.655 seconds