[SOLVED] localhost registration form redirects to home

8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 1 month ago #278720 by sarah963
Hi Kyle

Since I just put my registration form live, I backup my site and restore it on a localhost in order to test the configurations you mentioned above.
Unfortunately, the registration form on the localhost does not show up it redirects me to the homepage. The connection to the database are all working,, other forms on my website work just fine ,, except this registration form..

Sorry if this question off topic, but I think I need to refresh the community builder database connection on the localhost but I could not find a way to do it, could you help with this please?

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 1 month ago #278753 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic localhost registration form redirects to home
So clicking the link to register sends you straight back to the home page? or does clicking the button to sign up after filling out the registration form cause the redirect? Could be a menu item issue or live_site in configuration.php could be configured for your live site maybe.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sarah963

8 years 1 month ago #278800 by sarah963
Replied by sarah963 on topic localhost registration form redirects to home
Hi Kyle

The configuration.php has the live_site = ''
It's set to empty string, no URL.

On the localhost i get this error:

Not Found
The requested URL /cb-registration/registers was not found on this server.

On the virtual host, it takes me to the homepage. I have about three links that take users to the registration page. I tried all of them ,,

8 years 1 month ago #278828 by sarah963
Replied by sarah963 on topic localhost registration form redirects to home
ok, sorry about that,,

It was a menu problem..
All the links that lead to the registration page were relative links ,,

Problem fixed.

Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.472 seconds