[SOLVED] verify joomla groups and user access levels for multi level memberships

8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #278809 by globalgridfree
I am wondering what the proper set up is for joomla groups and access levels, all up to date joomla, cb,cbsubs etc

each level will have more functions available.

3 levels.
level 1
level 2
level 3

are groups parent of registered? or each other
level 1 parent registered
level2 parent level 1
level3 parent level 2

access levels example to go with answer from above.

I have not been able to find a confirmation on these settings, all documentation and video I have found dont discuss multi level subscriptions and the proper way to set up for different functionality per group level.

if anyone can help with some clarity I would greatly appreciate it.

I must have something wrong, from testing, a new user going threw the membership levels, created a new access level name , this has happened a few times.

thank in advance

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 2 months ago #278837 by krileon
A CBSubs plan can only maintain 1 usergroup at this time unless you use the below usage with CB Auto Actions with a Usergroup action will allow plans to maintain as many as you want. By maintain I mean give and remove a usergroup based off their subscription status.

Plan Active
Triggers: onCPayUserStateChange
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Conditions
1: [var3] Equal To PLAN_ID_HERE
2: [var2] Equal To A

Plan Expired
Triggers: onCPayUserStateChange
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Conditions
1: [var3] Equal To PLAN_ID_HERE
2: [var2] Not Equal To A

Giving a user a usergroup does not create a new view access level. It simply gives them that usergroup. A view access level is a collection of usergroups used to determine view access for various aspects of your site. You can have a view access level per usergroup if you wanted though I suppose.

See Joomlas documentation for further explanation of view access level and usergroups below.

docs.joomla.org/Main_Page

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #278877 by globalgridfree
I watched the hour video and read the documentation, the confusion comes from the different levels and the proper structure for it, joomla does not have a default usser group and access level change. the changes occur from cb_subs i believe?

this is how interpreted your reply

only 1 user group, memberships with a parent of registered, and then create access level in a hierarchy group1,group2,group3

select registered,group1, moderator, super user, for group1? and repeat the same for each level?

since what i am trying to achieve can be done with access levels...

i have had to go threw database a number of times to delete new access levels i did not create, i sure would like to get this set up correctly

thank

8 years 2 months ago #278931 by globalgridfree
this is how my current settings for groups are, I had 1 access group set up with wrong view access, which created the new access level,

these settings seem to work well with CB_subs, and the users "seem" to switch correctly.

the group setting are separate for the upload limit component i had developed.

do you see any potential problems in a set up like this?

Attachments:

8 years 2 months ago #278953 by krileon
How you setup your usergroups and view access levels is up to you depending on your needs. Giving them usergroups is trivial and CBSubs can do this among other things like CB Auto Actions.

do you see any potential problems in a set up like this?

Yes, you're creating new parents with no permission inheritance. This isn't an issue if what to setup permissions (literally everywhere) since they'll be inheriting from Public they initial have no permission to do anything. I recommend the below instead.

- Registered
- - Free
- - - Bronze
- - - - Silver
- - - - - Gold

This means Gold has all the permissions of Silver, Bronze, Free, and Registered. Please understand this is strictly permissions. It does not mean access. Access is controlled with view access levels.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: globalgridfree

8 years 2 months ago #278980 by globalgridfree
thank you, I will change the current, and check access levels

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn