Core Ajax fields and new users

8 years 1 month ago #279219 by activha
Core Ajax fields and new users was created by activha
I have a question with those fields and new users for fields not compulsory at registration.

When arriving on the profile page those fields are not displayed with their placeholder to engage users to fill them, but only with the default value in CB settings (-- in our case) and if there are no values, the field is simply not displayed, thus removing all the interest of ajax edition.

Can you tell me how to have an empty field just after registration, still displaying the ajax placeholder set in the field settings, so that the user is engaged to fill it ?

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 1 month ago #279246 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Core Ajax fields and new users
Edit the field and specify a Placeholder under Parameters > CB Core Fields Ajax. This should prevent it from ever hiding due to being empty. Alternatively turn off hiding empty fields within CB > Configuration > User Profile.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 1 month ago #279248 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Core Ajax fields and new users

Edit the field and specify a Placeholder under Parameters > CB Core Fields Ajax.

Already done before posting :-) in this case the default setting from CB > Configuration > User Profile is used

Alternatively turn off hiding empty fields within CB > Configuration > User Profile.

Same thing, already tried : in this case the field is simply not shown if empty

I have plugin latest nightly build installed

8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #279259 by krileon
The following seams to work fine in my tests.

CB > Configuration > User Profile
Show Empty Fields: No
Empty Field Text: -

CB > Field Management > (your field) > Parameters > CB Core Fields Ajax
Placeholder: -

The field then displays fine in profile edit despite it being empty and lets me edit it. See if maybe it's being conditioned by CB Conditional if still not displaying.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 1 month ago #279288 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Core Ajax fields and new users
Nope does not work on our website, if Show empty Fields is no, then the CB core field ajax is not shown if empty.

However once the user has completed the field once , then if empty the placeholder is displayed correctly.

Try to set up CB config show empty fields to yes, then a new a text area field with ajax placeholder, not required on registration, then register a new user and the field is shown with the CB default empty fields set up.

Once the field has been filled and emptied the placeholder is shown

8 years 1 month ago #279291 by krileon
So editing and saving the value once gets rid of the issue entirely? Edit the _comprofiler database then set the fields value to NULL then see if issue persists. Sounds like it's only happening on initial field value of NULL. First save of empty field should store empty string. I don't see any obvious issues in the code as NULL is checked for.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn