[SOLVED] Rename Tab

8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #279223 by chanteur94
[SOLVED] Rename Tab was created by chanteur94
Hi

Here is an exemple of my problem :

On the backend, I have a TAB whose title name is 'PRODUCT DETAIL'.

On the frontend, I would like to display this tab with another name, like 'MORE INFO'

How can I do this without renaming the title of the TAB in the backend?

Thank you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #279247 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Rename Tab
We now have an IF usecase that lets you specify frontend and backend behavior. First you need to create a language string for your tab title. In my example we'll use MY_TAB. This should then be translated as follows.

'MY_TAB' => '[cb:if application_context="frontend"]MORE INFO[/cb:if][cb:if application_context="administrator"]PRODUCT DETAIL[/cb:if]',

Specifically the new IF substitution usages are as follows.

[cb:if application_context="frontend"]Frontend Only[/cb:if]
[cb:if application_context="administrator"]Backend Only[/cb:if]

Note those are the only two usages of application_context at this time.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant, chanteur94

8 years 2 months ago #279261 by chanteur94
Replied by chanteur94 on topic Rename Tab
Thank you. It works but the display on the backend (administrator) is like the capture.

Possible to change that ?
Attachments:

8 years 2 months ago #279283 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Rename Tab
We run the backend title through language string but not through substitutions as it's out of context. The substitution would be based off the viewing user while the actual tab would be based off the displayed user. This would likely give widely varying results depending on the usage. So not sure it'd be a good idea to change that behavior in tab management. Backend profile edit it should display fine though.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.254 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn