groupjive promote to fields

8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #279304 by globalgridfree
groupjive promote to fields was created by globalgridfree
groupjive has promote to fields, in the group page on user settings,

I been looking for the privileges for each of the levels and can not find information.

what are the abilities of each, moderator, admin, owner?

where are the settings?

how to edit?

also, I would like to set up that only group owners can delete content, including when a user deletes profile,

the content only in the groups that the user contribute to can not be auto deleted, or deleted by the contributor in any way.

only the owner of groups can delete, if the user deletes account, all groups they create and content of groups etc will be deleted.

thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 1 month ago #279327 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic groupjive promote to fields
You can't set permissions for group admin, group moderator, or group owner. Group owner can do anything they want to the contents of their groups. Group administrators can do everything owners can except modify the group it self. Group moderators can only edit, delete, and adjust the publish state of group content in order to moderate it.

There is no way to allow group owner only deleting. A user can always delete their own content.

Auto delete of group content and groups on user delete can be configured in GJ > Configuration and in the various GJ integrations directly. This is enabled by default.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 1 month ago #279358 by globalgridfree
Replied by globalgridfree on topic groupjive promote to fields
I have had many requests for the owner to be able to adjust these settings.

this is a common problem with all programs i know of, the groups main focus is to make groups and the "owner" that created these areas allow others to contribute to the work(group).

it is implied "legally speaking" that an "owner" has all rights to what is posted in the areas they are "owner" of.

now that groups and other areas made to work with a creator are not in its childhood, many have stated a problem with this type of set up.

as many know a lot of issues arise when people that dont really know each other start to work together, 1 of these people after sometime many years of work, give moderator status and then the new moderator deletes everything in the group.

this is starting to become a major problem in the group areas, where there is a creator and owner.

what is the best way to fix this issue? that makes programming it as easy as possible but yet dont allow moderators the delete function, maybe add a hide till admin reviews? etc...

8 years 1 month ago #279371 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic groupjive promote to fields
You'd have to modify GJ to fit your needs then. It is not designed around what you're wanting. It's designed around community social groups. Same as Google+ Communities or Facebook Groups. It was not designed around project collaboration or anything of the sort like it sounds like you're needing and there maybe an extension on JED that better fits that role.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: globalgridfree

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn