[SOLVED] Core AJAX not enabled for INTEGER NUMBER fields?

7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #281486 by fdinkler
Using the current plug-in for Core AJAX (3.0.0.BUILD.2016.03.04.16.12.43.39.ED.0.D.811)
All the other plugins are also up to date.

When I create an INTEGER NUMBER field, and enable inline AJAX editing, the initial profile front end display shows the Ajax icon and the field as empty (-), which is expected behavior.

After editing, either using Ajax or profile editing, but without changing the field value, the field then shows a zero value '0' and the Ajax icon is no longer visible. This is reproducible with all INTEGER NUMBER fields.

I've checked the permissions on all fields and tabs to ensure there's no conflict.

Is this expected behavior?
...screenshot attached...

Thanks,
Fred
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 11 months ago #281499 by krileon
Working perfectly fine in all my tests. Whether value is 0, 1, 30, 1000; it all works correctly. Integer fields can not be empty. They will have a value of 0 at the least. For new profiles the value in database will be null though so that's the only case where it'll show -.

Are you conditioning the integer field with CB Conditional as that could cause its next ajax edit state to fail if it was conditioned away.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 11 months ago #281505 by fdinkler
I have Ajax, CBSubs Fields/Tabs Protect, Query Field, Conditional, and Code Field installed and published. Only one field in the entire comprofiler table is conditional, and it's none of these.

Suggestions on troubleshooting this?
Thanks,
Fred

7 years 11 months ago #281513 by krileon
Press F12 to open the browser developer console, click the console tab, then refresh the page. Next use CB Core Fields Ajax and see if there's a fatal JS error after you ajax the integer field to see if a JS error could be why it's not rebinding the ajax.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 11 months ago #281522 by fdinkler
Results:

No errors thrown when I clicked the pencil icon on any other Ajax enabled fields.

Since there is no pencil icon on the two Integer Number fields, there's no way to execute Ajax on them.

Other suggestions?

While I'd like to maintain the integer number field type, I can survive changing them to text fields (which do work with Ajax) and putting a validation string on it.

FYI - I'm J 3.4.8, Bluehost, with all CB components at their latest builds/releases.
Thanks,
Fred

7 years 11 months ago #281585 by krileon
Please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will take a look. I'm unable to reproduce your issue so could be some sort of conflict.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn