[SOLVED] Can CB Subs Allow for multiple payees? .. Solutions?

7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #281579 by Pickleball360
CB Subs allows for site subscription payments to site owner via payment gateways.

Can multiple instances of CB Subs be achieved in one site?...(so multiple group owners are paid directly for their subscriptions)

Or let me ask it this way, is there ability to allow GroupJive group owners to allow for their GroupJive members subscription payments to go directly to them...or use mutually exclusive gateways.

So the use case is this.
Bobby Group
1. Bobby pays for and starts GroupJive group Bobby
2. Members join Group Bobby and pay Bobby

Mary Group
1. Mary pays for and starts GroupJive group Mary
2. Members joins Group Mary and pay Mary

If this cannot be achieved with CB Subs and Groupjive, can you suggest a solution to allow for multiple subscription payees within the same website using all the CB tools at our disposal?

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 11 months ago #281587 by krileon
In order for that to work you'd need to setup a payment gateway for each GJ group owner that links to their PayPal account and a subscription plan per group. These two are then linked together using the Owner ID value. So one gateway and plan would have Owner ID of 1 then the other groups gateway and plan would use 2, etc..

There is no automating this and would require manual setup for each group. Doable, but highly unpractical. Probably easier for them to just link to a PayPal donate button on the About page of the group.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 11 months ago #281592 by Pickleball360
Replied by Pickleball360 on topic Can CB Subs Allow for multiple payees? .. Solutions?
Glad to see that it's doable. I will have 15 large organizations running own memberships.

I Thought about Donate or Pay Now option but it won't track membership renewal.

Exploring the Owner ID value approach.

Where (or how) do I link Owner ID value. ( Link Plan ID 1 with Paypal Gateway ID 2)

When a second Paypal Gateway is created and enabled it obviously presents itself as a second Paypal button on payment page.

How do I prevent this and only show the linked together Plan and Paypal Payment Option.

Thanks for help!

7 years 11 months ago #281595 by beat
Both in Plan and in Gateway settings there is a "Owner id" field. 0 is default id.

You can assign any id in a plan, then at checkout it will only show the gateways that have the same id.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pickleball360

7 years 11 months ago #281603 by Pickleball360
Replied by Pickleball360 on topic Can CB Subs Allow for multiple payees? .. Solutions?
Wow... Powerful feature.

I think I can make this work.

Thank you!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.332 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn