[SOLVED] CBSubs - changing field order on registration form

7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #281759 by fdinkler
I have a medium complex registration process - 6 exclusive plans, with some non-exlusive add-ons, dependent on which plans is selected. Some profile fields/tabs apply to some plans, so the dynamic registration form is perfect to implement this.

When I select a plan that includes fields from multiple tabs, the fields are listed in tab sequence, then by field order within the tab. This ordering puts fields like Captcha and Terms & Conditions from teh User tab (the first tab in sequence) in the middle of my form, not at the end where these fields normally would be.

I tried changing the field order numbers (globally unique) of captcha field to be higher than the lower ordered fields in the other tabs, but it didn't affect the ordering on the registration form. It appears each tab is rendered, one after the other, in the order listed in Tab Manager

Any way to implement/enforce the global ordering on the form?

Thanks,
Fred

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 11 months ago #281778 by krileon
Navigate to CB > Tab Management then sort the page by Register Order. Now adjust the tab ordering using the arrows or inputs under Register Order. This is the ordering tabs will use for registration. Field ordering is then applied individually per tab after tab ordering. If you need a field to be last after all other tabs for example then make a new tab and place your field on it or place it at the bottom of the last tab displayed on registration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 11 months ago #281796 by fdinkler
Thanks, I thought of that as a workaround.
Thanks, Kyle... case closed.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.312 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn