How to Connect with profiles that are not public

7 years 11 months ago #281808 by degierd
Is there an option to connect with profiles if the following configurations are set:

-No search functionality for profiles
-Connections on already connected profiles are private

Currently the only way to connect between profiles is using the CB Invite functionality.

However, that doesnt work on people that are already part of the community and connected to another profile (without other people knowing).

If an invitation is sent to an already excisting email address the Invite stops with the message the email address already excist and can't be invited.

In other words, is it possible to invite people to connect with profiles by using their email addresses or their CB usernames?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 11 months ago #281832 by krileon
CB Invites is to invite other users to join the site. It is not designed for connection requests. Establishing a connection on invite accept is simply a minor feature of it. To send connection requests you need to be able to access that users profile to use the menu item otherwise you could directly link to the request URL as follows.

index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=addconnection&connectionid=USER_ID

The above sends a connection request from the logged in user to the specified user id.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: degierd

7 years 11 months ago #281834 by degierd
Thanks Kyle, that is what I was looking for.

Now, to make it more user friendly, is there an option to use the email address or CB user name to identify which user to connect to?

7 years 11 months ago #281836 by krileon
No, it only works with user id.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 11 months ago #281844 by degierd
OK. Then I would like to add a new field that displays the users user_ID

I know how to add a field but could you explain how to add a field that retrieves the user_ID of the logged in user?

7 years 11 months ago #281853 by krileon
A custom HTML field with [user_id] will display the users id on their profile of the profile owner.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: degierd

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.248 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn