[SOLVED] [#6191] Invalid Gravatar Email address

7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #285679 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Invalid Gravatar Email address
Ok, it's normal for it to send the default to gravatar as gravatar will determine if the email address is a valid gravatar account and if it isn't it'll display the default image. However, if there's no email address it should not send to gravatar at all. Gravatar doesn't seam to be displaying the CB default correctly though.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 8 months ago #285680 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Invalid Gravatar Email address
This looks like an issue with Gravatar themselves. Seams to be some sort of problem with SSL only accessible default. I'm adding a new parameter that'll let you toggle if the CB default should be sent to gravatar or not. In your case you'd leave it default No.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 8 months ago #285772 by MAYASIMA
Replied by MAYASIMA on topic Invalid Gravatar Email address
Thanks Kyle!

7 years 7 months ago #285917 by MAYASIMA
I just upgraded to the Gravatar plugin 2.1 and I am having an issue were the Gravatar thumbnail doesn't always show (regardless of display settings), the main image shows up fine. For example in the login form, it doesnt't display the Gravatar thumbnail consistently. I need to click around the site a few times and then once in a while it will show.

7 years 7 months ago #285918 by MAYASIMA
Never mind my last message. I had an issue with lazy loading of images. I disabled lazy loading for the CB thumb image and it works now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn