[SOLVED] Conditional fields in registration form

5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #310963 by haasdijk
In our registration form there are two conditional fields. One determines if another field has to be shown (and filled) and the other determines if another tab has to be shown. This worked before but now the conditional fields are without effect. Is something changed in that behaviour. In the profile edit form the behaviour is how it used to be.

Regards,
Peter

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 1 month ago #310966 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Conditional fields in registration form
Please provide what conditions you are using. Ensure CB Conditional is public and published in CB > Plugin Management. The only recent change made was CB Conditional was conditioning cases it should not have, which will not impact registration or any other normal views.

It's possible you've a fatal JS error on your registration page causing the conditions to no longer function. Press F12 to open the developer tools while viewing your registration page then refresh the page and select the Console tab to see if any errors are preset (they'll be red).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #310969 by haasdijk
Replied by haasdijk on topic Conditional fields in registration form

edited
Kyle, please let this one go. While writing you this post and enabeling debug output the error disappeared :huh:
So strange, but happy!

Thanx for your quick responce.

Console shows no fatal JS errors. Only this:

JQMIGRATE: Migrate is installed, version 1.4.1 jquery-migrate.min.js:2:542
JQMIGRATE: Migrate is installed with logging active, version 1.4.1 jquery.migrate.min.js:1:102
JQMIGRATE: jQuery.attrFn is deprecated jquery.migrate.min.js:1:431
console.trace() jquery.migrate.min.js:1:483

As for the conditions, showing field cb_lesgebied depends on the value of field cb_rol:

cb_lesgebied, field conditional show
field: cb_rol
operator equels
value Docent (one of the options in the dropdown)
value translate is NO
Locations include the registration form.

There is another field: cb_factureren_aan which determines if the tab "Bedrijf" has to be present. This tab has the same conditional show.

5 years 1 month ago #310972 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Conditional fields in registration form
So the condition only works if you've debug mode enabled in Joomla global configuration? or it works fine regardless now? If you've any form of caching enabled on your site be sure to purge the cache after updating anything as it could be due to out of date JS cache.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: haasdijk

5 years 1 month ago #310981 by haasdijk
Replied by haasdijk on topic Conditional fields in registration form
I'm always keen on purging cache but maybe i did forget it this time. Anyway, the condition works now, regardless debug mode is on or off. Thanx!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn