New Member Not Confirmed/Approved

4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #312085 by bins
New Member Not Confirmed/Approved was created by bins
We had a member join at the weekend. As usual, they signed up, paid and got a welcome email, however, they were not set as enabled & confirmed.

This is normally an automatic process - any thoughts on what the issue could be?

They paid via Stripe, which is new, but we have had successful transactions with this before!

This is from the logs:
16 26/04/19 20:13:07 Change log Updating payment basket status: Completed because of event received: sub... Payment baskets 2052 update System - 213.205.242.87 Info 1546

17 26/04/19 20:13:14 Change log Updating payment basket status: Completed because of event received: sub... Payment baskets 2052 update System - 54.187.216.72 Info 1545

18 26/04/19 20:13:07 Change log User subscription activated as New autorecurring with notifications User subscriptions 2516 update System - 213.205.242.87 Info 1544

19 26/04/19 20:13:07 Change log Updating payment record because of new status of payment basket: Complet... Payments 1732 insert System - 213.205.242.87 Info 1543

20 26/04/19 20:13:07 Change log --- - 507 insert System - 213.205.242.87 Info 1542

21 26/04/19 20:09:49 Change log Store payment basket Payment baskets 2052 insert System - 213.205.242.87 Info 1541

22 26/04/19 20:09:49 Change log User subscription record created with status: R User subscriptions 2516 insert System - 213.205.242.87 Info 1540

This looks about right to me!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #312091 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic New Member Not Confirmed/Approved
You'll need to better describe your setup as could be configuration problem or could possible be issue with payment going pending (doesn't seam the case based off your log). Do you require confirmation and approval within CB > Configuration > Registration? Are you forcing confirmation and approval off or on within your plan? If forcing on are you requiring it before or after payment? I don't see what the payment gateway used would have to do with this though as that should be entirely irrelevant to this functionality.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 11 months ago #312096 by bins
Replied by bins on topic New Member Not Confirmed/Approved
The process has always been register - pay - confirmed (with welcome message).

The only change in the past few weeks is the inclusion of Stripe, but I do not think this contributes as several Stripe transactions have gone through without issue.

Email Confirmation is set to yes (and admins are copied) but these don't fire if it is a paying member.

"Are you forcing confirmation and approval off or on within your plan? If forcing on are you requiring it before or after payment?" Not sure where these settings are - The Workflow has not really been used!

4 years 11 months ago #312100 by krileon
Those settings are under the Workflows tab of your plan. If they are unchanged from "Default (CB setting)" then confirmation and approval will happen after they pay. So it sounds like they just didn't confirm their email address yet.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #312103 by bins
Replied by bins on topic New Member Not Confirmed/Approved
The 'confirming email address' bit is where I am getting confused.

I am sure that for paid registrations there wasn't a need to confirm the email address!

And I am also sure that I have not made any changes to CB or plan settings!

4 years 11 months ago #312106 by krileon
If you have confirmation enabled in CB > Configuration > Registration and you've "User Email Confirmation" set to "Default (CB setting)" (default value for that parameter) under the Workflows tab of your plan then your users are required to confirm their email address and it will do so after payment. Review your configuration carefully and adjust it accordingly. If you don't want paid subscribers to have to confirm then edit your paid plans and set "User Email Confirmation" to "No (override CB)".

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.278 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn